The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Martin95037

Forum Ride Along
Hello. I am new here. Found the forum through google while trying to find the California ambulance drivers certificate handbook. Just got my state license a week ago.

Kevin L

Forum Probie
Hi Guys, I'm an ex-paramedic and EMT (I worked in EMS for 12 years) before I got sidelined with a spinal injury.

Well, medicine does advance, and what was unfixable years ago has now been able to get fixed surgically, so I'm working on my RN, and intend to take EMT school again so I can challege the paramedic exam and get back in the field . . . and, possibly, work in the hospital.

I found this forum because I want to exchange ideas about EMS, and how it's changed over the past 20 years that I've been out of the field.

Emily Starton

Forum Lieutenant
Hi Guys, I'm an ex-paramedic and EMT (I worked in EMS for 12 years) before I got sidelined with a spinal injury.

Well, medicine does advance, and what was unfixable years ago has now been able to get fixed surgically, so I'm working on my RN, and intend to take EMT school again so I can challege the paramedic exam and get back in the field . . . and, possibly, work in the hospital.

I found this forum because I want to exchange ideas about EMS, and how it's changed over the past 20 years that I've been out of the field.
Hi, Kevin. Welcome to the forum.

Kevin L

Forum Probie
Hi, Kevin. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you very much.

I am working on my RN now, and I intend to challenge the paramedic exam after I take my NCLEX and the EMT course again.

A lot has changed in 20 years, so I wonder if I'll even recognize my field anymore after I get certified.

MDF

Forum Ride Along
My name is Matt and I'm almost 27, I am empathetic and it has been a dream of mine lately to become a paramedic so I applied to the local technical college's Paramedicine program and am currently in my 1st semester.