The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Quel23

Forum Probie
Hi

Hi my name is Raquel, most people just call me Quel. (kel) I just finished my EMT-B course, and will be taking my NREMT this week! I am 26 and live in Arizona. Im excited to see what the future holds for me :)

Rroyst37

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

My names Ryan, 19 y/o taking my first steps into ems. I just took my NREMT-B today and am trying to keep busy and keep my hopes up on my results. I currently live in LA county and hope to move out of state to New Mexico some time in the future. My ultimate goal in life is to he a medic/firefighter. There's too many cops in my family so i gota break the chain! I joined the LAcoFd explorer program when i was 16. I did my first ride along with the medics 6 months later and fell in love!!!

untico

Forum Probie
Hey My name is JC and I just finished my emt-b class and will be taking my registry on dec 29, 2011....

i wanted to be in ems for several years now and didn't have the opportunity to do so until now.

I want to start working asap so i can get into medic school as well..

gkygrl

Forum Crew Member
Diana - Upstate NY

I think I got a little ahead of myself with two other posts before coming here :)

Diana
46 yrs old
Retired Army Veteran (Disabled) - motorcycle accident (lived with MS dx for 10 years but is downgraded to Fibromyalgia and I manage fatigue and pain)
DESIRE to get EMT Cert
DESIRE to volunteer with local Ambulance Corp on a totally P/T basis

P/T Volunteerism is the name of the game with me. No desire to do this for pay or full-time (not able). They can have me in spurts :)

I love Ham Radio (W2NU), I'm a drummer, I'm a computer geek and do websites, I read a ton and love to learn new stuff. I have an uncanny medical knowledge because of some of my own experiences after a motorcycle accident, several surgeries, scrubbing up in surgeries while in the Army and my love for "things medical" has never left me. I'm just a little too old to do the MD thing. EMT is a good start for me. All that A&P knowledge in college should come in handy.

This forum is great - the Google-monster helped me find it! Woot Woot!!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shannonlovesth

Forum Probie
Hello My Name is Shannon. I'm 18 and NJ EMT-B currently volunteering at a local agency in Burlington County. I am also a Nursing Student and will hopefully get a PA Cert soon so I can work while attending school there.
My goal is to be a Trauma Nurse and a Scrub Nurse. My major Education goal for the future is to receive a ACNP degree.
I have basically grown up with EMS my Dad got me into it and is still active in EMS with me. He is also a Coordinator here which is something I would also like to do.
Um so yeah random non EMS related stuff about me
I'm kind of shy. My hobby is graphic design. I'm a huge nerd. I really enjoy school and love learning and reading about new things (which is one reason I joined this forum). I also love music my favorite is Tokio Hotel :unsure: and that is pretty much it...
Oh also when i'm writing this it is Christmas Eve so for what ever you guys celebrate have an enjoyable safe one and Happy Holidays.

Spedz

Forum Probie
Hi from Indiana

Hey, My name is Mike most people just call me Spedz....Was a ambulance driver/dispatcher at a small private transport company before doing other stuff (also one of my toon names on a game I play) anyway I am starting Classes for EMT-B in Jan. and then I will apply and most likely (at least hopefully will be) starting EMT-P classes hopefully in the fall.:unsure: The reason I am coming back to EMS is because, Honestly I miss it. I will be 33 when I get my EMT-B ya I know a little later in life then I should be to be just starting out. To be honest I started class when I was a driver/dispatcher but didn't finish it (mostly because the company had a bad rep and I thought all companies was like that and because I was still only in the teens and think I was still growing up). Now that I have found out that that was just one company and I shouldn't judge all companies and the like by them I am getting back into it (and yes I have known that for a while just didn't have the ability til now to get back into it). I have always liked the emergency services and greatly miss it. Ok now the good stuff I am engaged to be married (Her name is Holly shes wonderful) we have a 8 month old son named Joshua-Royce (yes that is his real first name :rofl:) and as far as hobbies I am a Ham radio Operator, a complete Computer nerd, and WOW player. Think thats about it think I have rambled on enough...Happy Holidays everyone

Spedz

CMHills

Forum Probie

Hey all,

Colin, starting EMT-B/WEMT with Remote Medical here soon, plan to work my way through Paramedic school. Glad to see there's a place like this on the interweb. EMS seems to be a rather convoluted industry.

PM me if anyone's feeling mentorly.

Spedz

Forum Probie
Hey all,

Colin, starting EMT-B/WEMT with Remote Medical here soon, plan to work my way through Paramedic school. Glad to see there's a place like this on the interweb. EMS seems to be a rather convoluted industry.

PM me if anyone's feeling mentorly.

Good luck!!!!!! This site seems like theres quite a bit of good people on it a few people who seem a little high on the horse however you get that anywhere on the web LOL anyway again Good Luck and Happy Holidays

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Welcome, Bob :D

Bob67

Forum Probie
Hello. New to here and EMS. I have been going to Drill night since September and went to CPR, First Aid, and my physcial. I have my first shift as a Third tomorrow night. I wanted to do a warm up before I work overnight New Years Eve.

Trying to get into a January EMT class.

In my spare time I have been practicing martial arts for over 20 years.

River

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while, and finally getting around to posting. I'm an EMT-B and a park ranger. Not currently riding on an ambulance, but I'd like to look into it this spring when life calms down a little bit. I share the house with a Doberman and a tank full of fish. My dog's a great couch potato and an even better hiking buddy.

And Spedz, nice to see someone else here who's a computer nerd. Tried Skyrim yet?

Great forum you all have here, and happy holidays!

Spedz

Forum Probie
Tried Skyrim yet?

No I haven't I played elder scrolls a few times cant remember which one though.....I just play my World of Warcraft, work, starting school and playing with my 8 month old son is about all I get done and when classes start I doubt the WOW will be played much LOL

River

Forum Ride Along
Work, school, and an 8 month old? I don't think I've got much room to talk about how busy my life is. :D I play WoW too, but it usually gets dumped when things get busy. Skyrim's worth a shot when you've got the time. I picked it up after I found out my broken leg didn't heal right- nothing like a good, time sucking distraction when I have to stay off my feet for 6 weeks.

bethanphetamine

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I found this forum a while back while looking for information on the NREMT exam. I just passed it yesterday, so I guess I feel like I can join now!

I'm on the lovely waiting list here for nursing school, and I figured that I would become an EMT in the meantime. I've fallen in love with emergency medicine since. I'm really excited to start my EMS journey, but the trick is finding a place that will pay me to do it! There's not a lot of job opportunities here it seems.

Other than that, I'm a stay at home mom, full time student, and I have too many hobbies.

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Auckland red watch here, we have coloured shift system red, blue, brown, green with black and yellow being day only or peak period.

Spedz

Forum Probie
Welcome to the insanity!!!!!:rofl:

New Here!

Hello everyone!

A little about myself. I'm 27 years of age and have been certified as an EMT since 2002. I'm currently pursuing a bachelors degree in anthropology and will be serving as site EMT for one of my college field practicums this semester. Although I'm currently pursuing my bachelors degree in anthropology, I'm really interested in re-pursuing a career in the Emergency Medical Services field. I just wanted to briefly introduce myself to everyone here at EMTLife.com. Happy New Year everyone!

Sincerely,
Bruce B.
EMT-1
California

LifelongEMT

Forum Crew Member
Hi
Im 20 been a licensed EMT-IV since June 2011. Iv been a firefighter for 5 years i work for a private service Bout to be an Advanced EMT-IV then hopefully a paramedic!:)

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys, lurk here every so often. I'm an Paramedic/RN and I currently work part time for a private EMS service and full time in a local CVICU. Hope to get to meet some cool people here!

zephyr121

Forum Ride Along
Hoping for the best

I'm Jason, 18 years old living in California, and am currently a student for EMT-B certification, the class is challenging but fun, hoping to learn a little more about the field outside of class, so hopefully people can help fill me in.