The interview...Duh duh duhhhhhhh

Tada411

Forum Ride Along
Just curious what to expect at a private ambulance interview? Basic intelligence questions or more of the "Tell me about a time when....xyz"? Ive been a stay home mama for awhile and don't wanna mess this up 😛

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Have you ever had a job interview? It's pretty much the same thing.

tell me your strengths, tell me your weaknesses. why did you apply here. maybe some basic clinical scenario questions. blah blah blah.

In my experience, most private ambulance companies want to make sure you aren't a horrible person, have a pulse, a valid cert, and a clean driving record. If you check all the boxes, you are offered a poorly paying job.

As a general rule, many/most companies who are interviewing you want you to be able to hit the ground running. Show how your previous education and/or experience has prepared you to do THIS job. Obviously, those that have more supply than demand can be more selective, but that's about it. Unless you get those civil service / FD/PD interviews, where the questions they ask you have nothing to with the job itself.... then it's all a crapshoot.