The importance of assessment before automatically treating.

OP
OP
Aidey

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Sadly that is probably what happened. "MVA! Unconscious! C-Collar!". No one stopped to think "Hmmm...why do I have an unconscious bleeding patient from a MVA that caused no damage to the car?".

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
What about feeding the homeless?

That one either. You're engaged, so you must know this rule, but just incase: I am a woman, therefore I am always right.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Sasha's Number One Law of EMS

I thought you knew? Isn't it something to do with chocolate...;)

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
That one either. You're engaged, so you must know this rule, but just incase: I am a woman, therefore I am always right.

Unless you were mistaken, in which case you will figure it out by yourself, thank you very much, and not with HIS help. ;)

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Dude, what haven't you done? you have a "As someone who used to..." for every situation.

You will too when your 150 years old :)

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Dude, what haven't you done? you have a "As someone who used to..." for every situation.

Eh....I get bored so I tend to bounce around a lot. Think Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters minus the hat and walrus-esque 'stache and my area of linguistics is German, not Russian (the only things I know how to say in Russian are "no", "mines", "blowjob" and "prison :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Hyneman#Early_life.2C_education.2C_and_early_career

OP
OP
Aidey

Aidey

(the only things I know how to say in Russian are "no", "mines", "blowjob" and "prison :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:").

I can't decide if I want to ask or not. :wacko:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
The first three I learned from WWII reenactors portraying Russian soldiers (I run a living history group portraying US Army medical unit, in case anyone is interested; any questions, PM me).

The latter I learned from the guy a friend of mine was dating. His dad was Russian mob and thought it was hysterical that I paid the kid's bodyguards to enter the room and announce loudly "Veee are here and vee are looking for moose and skvirrel". He apparently laughed so hard that he felt the need to make them give me back the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Aidey

Aidey

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:
:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
USAF is promoting international relations again!!

But anyway folks, look at the pt!

Rubles

Forum Probie
isnt the situation unusual? I mean during our training we were told to check ABC, control heavy bleeding and then apply cervical collar in case of spinal injury.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
isnt the situation unusual? I mean during our training we were told to check ABC, control heavy bleeding and then apply cervical collar in case of spinal injury.
We're also taught to try to find the source of the bleeding in order to control it. I'm not sure how "unusual" it is to miss a GSW to the head, but it's certainly not something we should be lauding the crew over.

Sasha

Forum Chief
We're also taught to try to find the source of the bleeding in order to control it. I'm not sure how "unusual" it is to miss a GSW to the head, but it's certainly not something we should be lauding the crew over.

Lauding is a $2 word. I had to look it up. I was about to be shocked at you.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Lauding is a $2 word. I had to look it up.

That's what one gets when you take Latin in high school. You wind up using words that seem mundane or normal to you that people look at you and go "WTF does that mean?".

I was about to be shocked at you.

Shocked and scandalized?

medic417

The Truth Provider