the 100% directionless thread

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Do you also have partial arrests?

(Me dropping patient off in ICU from OR)

Me: Yea, intraop course was unremarkable. Except well I guess we did do like 30sec of compressions following induction, but that was to circulate some of the meds a bit better.
ICU: So you mean the patient arrested?
Me: I mean technically, yes...But it was no big deal.

Just a little, partial arrest.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
(Me dropping patient off in ICU from OR)

Me: Yea, intraop course was unremarkable. Except well I guess we did do like 30sec of compressions following induction, but that was to circulate some of the meds a bit better.
ICU: So you mean the patient arrested?
Me: I mean technically, yes...But it was no big deal.

Just a little, partial arrest.
Yeah...I just stopped including that kind of stuff in my hand off reports...they go from no big deal to " I died during my last surgery and I can't ever have anesthesia again... 😁

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Wild...would have thought a hospital with a PICU managing a patient like that would have the capability for in house plasmapheresis....
Apparently not. Had been there for some time too.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm... *supposedly* our BLS only FD will be getting nasal Narcan later this year..
(Of course they also said we were supposed to get Glucometers and Oral Glucose and that never happened...)

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm... *supposedly* our BLS only FD will be getting nasal Narcan later this year..
(Of course they also said we were supposed to get Glucometers and Oral Glucose and that never happened...)
Narcan is a first aid level treatment.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
When the big city fire department tells me they didn’t think the syncope patient really needed an EKG, and “oh our monitor is dead anyway and you guys can just transport.”

This patient is in a third degree block bro. Her rate is not 70, it’s 30.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So besides things like steps and mileage, my FitBit tracks your elevation, i.e. how many flights of stairs you've climbed in a day (walking up a hill will still count, that's just how it presents the metric).

And today's OT is at a station that's single story, no stairs or ladder or anything, so this morning, while climbing the stairs in my Apt parking garage, I decide to go up down three times (instead of my usual once) to hit my 10 flights goal first thing (normally 3 flights to get to my parking spot)

Aaaaannndddd our very first call of the shift was an injured hiker where we had to hike in like a mile to reach them (simple ankle injury, we splinted, took vitals, made sure everything else was okay, and had the helicopter fly her out so we didn't have to carry very far)

So I'm at like 52 total flights of stairs equivalent climbed today... guess I didn't need that extra bit this morning hahaha

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Literally just replaced my Versa 3 last night. It up and died out of nowhere and I about had a fit, I felt naked without it. Love my Garmin.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Literally just replaced my Versa 3 last night. It up and died out of nowhere and I about had a fit, I felt naked without it. Love my Garmin.
935 for me. Basically never comes off. I think I am most surprised by the accuracy of my sleep tracker (except naps). As long as a call didn't break my sleep, it's always spot on even when I get up for water or something. Also cool seeing the change in pace/heart rate/duration over long periods of time.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Fenix 5. Big but love the thing

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Fenix 5. Big but love the thing
That’s a nice watch. How waterproof is it? That’s really what I’m interested in when it comes to wearing watches.

Three things I wear I try not to skimp on-
a good watch, good (running) shoes, and a good pair of sunglasses.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

That’s a nice watch. How waterproof is it? That’s really what I’m interested in when it comes to wearing watches.

And very waterproof. I swim with the thing. Can't remember it's depth. But it's waterproof.

Edit: 100m or 10atm per Garmin

Last edited:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
When the big city fire department tells me they didn’t think the syncope patient really needed an EKG, and “oh our monitor is dead anyway and you guys can just transport.”

This patient is in a third degree block bro. Her rate is not 70, it’s 30.
You got me all worked up about firefighters. Ooph. #triggered

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

Garmin, Brooks, and Oakley all have me pretty committed.