the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I don't understand this TIMS phrase. Move it or work it. Move it involves of course getting vehicles out of the way, but work it involves all of what? It's not just for EMS, so it's not just pt care

In TIMS, “work it” means setting up a buffer zone and closing traffic lanes. Actually committing to setting up a safe working environment. Are you taking the 4 hour course? If so, it’ll make more sense as you progress through it.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
In TIMS, “work it” means setting up a buffer zone and closing traffic lanes. Actually committing to setting up a safe working environment. Are you taking the 4 hour course? If so, it’ll make more sense as you progress through it.

I'm taking one of the courses, probably the 4 hour one. It's got like 10 modules.

But, that makes sense. Pretty all encompassing for any scene. Thank you

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
What I don't like is taking like a 10 year old course and how this guy talking about how light color doesn't matter and it's all the same, but I saw a recent study about how flashing red red/blue attract drunk drivers and we should be using emergency flashers.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
When your 13 year old tells you they know who Kurt Cobain is and you then find yourself on a 90’s Nirvana grunge rock kick.

Yeah well he didn't turn out so great in the end. I dunno if living a life that ends like that is worth the "rock and roll freedom"

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Yeah well he didn't turn out so great in the end. I dunno if living a life that ends like that is worth the "rock and roll freedom"
Dad’s no fool. I’m very open and honest with my kids.

This would include asking how much they “know” about said celebrity, and what their feelings are about their outcome.

Dialogue. It is all but absent in today’s household culture. That, that is the worst tragedy IMO.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Dad’s no fool. I’m very open and honest with my kids.

This would include asking how much they “know” about said celebrity, and what their feelings are about their outcome.

Dialogue. It is all but absent in today’s household culture. That, that is the worst tragedy IMO.

I mean, that's why kids sneak out and do drugs and stuff. I think. The mystery and not being told anything in detail. Partly. It becomes the mystery they must solve

Cops and preachers, their kids turn towards model citizen or the opposite it seems like. Lived up the street from the chief, his boys were partly animals and bought alcohol for minors.

I would probably allow my older teen child to try alchohol at home if they wanted, but wouldn't take them to a bar

No drugs.

But then again. What do I know. I'd probably be a horrible parent.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Everyone goes for the roses. All the other dudes find the first bloomed roses they see.

I prefer to closed, uni-colored flowers. Cut those bad boys at the stem and watch them last at least the week.

Buying flowers sporadically throughout the year has indirectly prepped me for this day.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Whew, just finished my second 36hr shift of the last 96 hours. I have today off then back for another 24 tomorrow (where we get to do hose testing. Woot). Go me... (This OT will feel much better when I'm looking at the paycheck for this pay period, at the moment, I'm beat lol)

Show up for the holdunder PM part, the 12 hour OT before my regular shift, we ran 3 calls overnight (2 of them lift assists for the same guy, then a moped on fire at a local park...). Yesterday, regular shift, scrubbed down the station (regular Saturdays scrub down), had to relocate to cover another stations area, but we got breakfast burritos there, came back, and got our own trash fire call when I was in the middle of my run (and where both our Capt and other Firefighter had finished working out, both were in the showers), but hey, that was our only call the entire shift (versus the 3 overnights of the previous shift haha).

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Working a PRN shift at a new agency today. I think this place may not be the right fit.

The crew spent the entire time running down the management and everyone else. Whew. Toxic culture.

Airlinepilotmedic

Forum Probie
Whew, just finished my second 36hr shift of the last 96 hours. I have today off then back for another 24 tomorrow (where we get to do hose testing. Woot). Go me... (This OT will feel much better when I'm looking at the paycheck for this pay period, at the moment, I'm beat lol)

Show up for the holdunder PM part, the 12 hour OT before my regular shift, we ran 3 calls overnight (2 of them lift assists for the same guy, then a moped on fire at a local park...). Yesterday, regular shift, scrubbed down the station (regular Saturdays scrub down), had to relocate to cover another stations area, but we got breakfast burritos there, came back, and got our own trash fire call when I was in the middle of my run (and where both our Capt and other Firefighter had finished working out, both were in the showers), but hey, that was our only call the entire shift (versus the 3 overnights of the previous shift haha).
I am jealous a slow shift at my normal station is still 10-12 calls. With a least one structure fire thrown in.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Now theyre calling for 8-12" of snow. 4 inches pretty much closes everything down here, a foot would be the apocalypse.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well I snapped my 5 (72 hour shifts) shift streak without running a call.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I am jealous a slow shift at my normal station is still 10-12 calls. With a least one structure fire thrown in.
I'll take the structure... lol

My station is really hit or miss, a few weeks ago we had 11 calls in one shift, tho 3-5 seems to be average, and after the two back to back 36s I was very def not unhappy with a slower shift lol

We do think we have a fire bug running around our area. Every watch has had some type of rubbish or dumpster fire almost every single shift every day for past couple weeks. If it is really one guy, only a matter of time till that escalates...

Airlinepilotmedic

Forum Probie
I'll take the structure... lol

My station is really hit or miss, a few weeks ago we had 11 calls in one shift, tho 3-5 seems to be average, and after the two back to back 36s I was very def not unhappy with a slower shift lol

We do think we have a fire bug running around our area. Every watch has had some type of rubbish or dumpster fire almost every single shift every day for past couple weeks. If it is really one guy, only a matter of time till that escalates...
I guess one positive to working a station that covers the worse part of the most dangerous city in California is there more then enough structure jobs to go around.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I guess one positive to working a station that covers the worse part of the most dangerous city in California is there more then enough structure jobs to go around.

Oakland... such a lovely place.