the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I mean .... uhhhh 😅

Oof.

What were the odds of me getting hit by a hurricane within a year? Maybe better than I thought.
100% if you're not prepared

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
New flight suit day. Went to a 42S from a 44R. It's amazing how much better a properly fit flight suit looks.

I also recently ran my CEP's through the washer, one of the pilots gave me a new set this morning. It's a pretty good day for being at work.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I mean .... uhhhh 😅

Oof.

What were the odds of me getting hit by a hurricane within a year? Maybe better than I thought.

you should know those rations and water bottles date to 10/2017. User beware.

Also, noticed the ESD going to get their own provider license. Creek is going to have to fully cooperate or will lose their 911.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Finally finishing week 2 of Fitch & Associates ASM program this week. It’s been a long time coming, thanks to Covid-19.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
More than your average year, as legionella cases are most common in late summer?

More than average with mostly younger healthy patients that wouldn't typically suspect to be for legionella cases

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Got the new Galaxy Note20 Ultra. The camera quality is insane for a cellphone. Really excited to use it more

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Viewed a super cute lower duplex today... the only major concern is that the gas and water bills are split evenly between the units. It has a wood-burning fireplace though! I sent a followup email asking for average gas bills in the winter and to speak to the tenant renting the upper half if she's open to that.

Seirende

Well, I guess there's no separation between the supplies, so there's no way to tell who's using what

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
True...however you should be told what the cost has been over the past six months or so.

Seirende

Mostly concerned about heating costs in winter

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
If you live in Santa Cruz county, CA, and you see Halls Ambulances...No. They aren’t taking over the contract, they are a Strike Team for the fires.

Just making sure there wasn’t any confusion.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
True...however you should be told what the cost has been over the past six months or so.
Yep. If the landlord/manager is dividing all the costs across all units equally, they'd have that data. I'd want to know costs for July, August, September as well as December, January, February. Why those months? You're typically billed for last month's usage, so while your actual highest usage is probably Nov/Dec/Jan and June/July/Aug, it's the bill for those months you want... or whatever months are your highest heating and cooling usage months for Winter and Summer and then ask for the bills where you'd pay for that usage.

I once lived in an area where we were on flat-rate water/sewer/gas/garbage (via community dumpster) but individual unit electricity. The reason is that our only gas appliance was a (relatively) huge hot water heater that supplied hot water for all 4 units. Everything else inside (AC/Heat, stove, etc) was all electric.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Bopped out for a reported auto fire, all my turnouts on, even mask (as in SCBA mask) and hood on, SCBA pack, big bulky firefighting gloves on, ready!.... and its a low rider pickup truck leaking some gasoline, no fire, take off mask, hood, pack, and grab the absorbent instead...

Seirende

I am extremely glad that I asked to speak with the other tenant. She gave the landlord a SCATHING review and showed texts that were at the least unprofessional.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Second surprise birthday from the family. Sister made me an edible fruit arrangement and a cookie cake.

They decorated my apartment. We had a late lunch. We hung out for a bit.

Parents and little brother left and we went to a fish store she wanted to go to. I took it as a trip to a free aquarium.

Boyfriend passed out in the back seat, he was just tuckered out.

Boyfriend helped with both parties. He's so good. His birthday is on a few months and I don't even know what I want to do. Most of his family isn't in the area and he's pretty introverted. I'll think of something... hopefully.

For my gift he gave me the choice to pick out a motorcycle helmet. Yesterday I got one from a store to help me fit it. Can't wait to go for a ride.

School started today. Some is online and some is in person. Already have homework and reading to do. I need to get a printer.

Need to send in my falconry renewal and drop off my dry cleaning.

So much is going on.

I just need to budget my time and money very carefully.

And somehow work in my school and job schedules to be nice to each other....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
If you live in Santa Cruz county, CA, and you see Hall Ambulances...No. They aren’t taking over the contract, they are a Strike Team for the fires.

Just making sure there wasn’t any confusion.
And it’s HALL Ambulance. I can guarantee Uncle Harv is cringing, and rolling over in his grave every time it’s pronounced in the plural form.