the 100% directionless thread

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Nice. I just looked it up and bought it...so...I’ll rent it to you!🤣🤣🤣

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Another MLB manager bites the dust. I’m curious who the whistleblower was, though I suppose in due time...

This may rival the steroids scandal set off by Canseco’s book.

Meanwhile, not much out of my beloved Boys in Blue about being ripped off two consecutive WS. I admire their stance thus far.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My friend and former partner of 4+ years was diagnosed with aggressive and essentially incurable brain cancer recently. She's my mentor, was one of my medic instructors, and a very excellent paramedic. We've taken some incredible trips together across the world and climbed some cool mountains. Just an incredible person with a husband and two young kids.

This sucks. I don't even know how to think about this.

Perhaps today of days you are looking to do an extra nice thing. If you are, please consider: https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-illa-brown-and-family/donate

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, fully involved structure fire a couple blocks from my apt, 2nd alarm, the two stations I wanna put in transfer request for were 1st and 2nd on scene. One of the stations I was offered OT at today is there... but I took OT at a different station, nowhere near the fire -_-

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Wow, fully involved structure fire a couple blocks from my apt, 2nd alarm, the two stations I wanna put in transfer request for were 1st and 2nd on scene. One of the stations I was offered OT at today is there... but I took OT at a different station, nowhere near the fire -_-

giphy-3.gif

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Two Honolulu Police Officers shot and killed ... the house is on fire, extending to the neighboring houses, FD still on standby for the Code 4... (completely separate incident from from yesterdays fire....)

😳😳😳

Last edited:

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
I need to find a side gig. I run as a volly on a rural rig, and we get like 140 PT's a year, most of which I don't see being at work or not on call that weekend.

I need to find me a good part time higher volume service I can run with a couple times a month.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So apparently this is going to be the new Space Force's official logo:
space_force_logo.0.jpg

Looks a bit familiar.... Combined with their operational command is officially the Space Operations Command...or SPOC...

🤔🖖

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not a Trekkie (I've only seen a few TOS episodes and the recent JJ Abrams movies... i wanna watch Picard but don't wanna pay CBS just for one show lol) so any Trekkies please correct ... but I read something where they pointed out the Starfleet emblem in universe is an evolution of the United Earth emblam? Which itself is stylized off actual NASA logos during the Mercury and Gemini era.

So it's a bit of fact following fiction following fact.

The NASA logo does after all have a clear delta shape and orbiting bit
gScmGae-625x352.png

Though obviously the starfleet emblem is much more visible in the new USSF emblam. Whoever designed it (and approved it) is very definitely a Trekkie lol

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Apart from the emblem, the main contradiction is what Starfleet stood for. Per the lore, it was not meant to be a military force by any means and that point was repeatedly discussed throughout every show, starting with TOS.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Apart from the emblem, the main contradiction is what Starfleet stood for. Per the lore, it was not meant to be a military force by any means and that point was repeatedly discussed throughout every show, starting with TOS.

which totally backfired on multiple occasions. I always reckoned that “Starfleet” was divided intoa few hippies exploring and a lot of pragmatic people doing stuff.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
which totally backfired on multiple occasions. I always reckoned that “Starfleet” was divided intoa few hippies exploring and a lot of pragmatic people doing stuff.

It backfired with Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Founders and Cardassians. Nothing could be done about the Borg, these guys are the Nazi zombies. But the rest were either converted or at least kept at bay. What always fascinated me about the show was the Starfleet’s misguided attempts to make everyone conform by their ideals; sometimes a spoon is just a spoon and the only way to bend it is to grab it, tight and yank it, hard.