the 100% directionless thread

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I have no idea what the protocol is on that.

I'm sure no one would of cared if I did.
At Alliance it was a BLS skill. Never got to use it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I have no idea what the protocol is on that.

I'm sure no one would of cared if I did.

Better safe than sorry. That's weird it's not outlined at all. We have a "Less than lethal munitions" protocol. Covers OC, CS, TASER and kinetic impact. We have some pretty unruly people here but I fell like you'd have us topped in that department.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Better safe than sorry. That's weird it's not outlined at all. We have a "Less than lethal munitions" protocol. Covers OC, CS, TASER and kinetic impact. We have some pretty unruly people here but I fell like you'd have us topped in that department.

Here darts can be removed unless they're in the face, eyes, ears, oropharynx, scalp, or (ouch) genitalia. If so, they get stabilized in place.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Here darts can be removed unless they're in the face, eyes, ears, oropharynx, scalp, or (ouch) genitalia. If so, they get stabilized in place.

Hah. I totally read that wrong. At first I read it as you can only remove them if that's where they are it xD

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Why not leave them in place and transport? If the patient gets unruly, just connect the wires to the defib and viola - an EMS version of the taser. :p

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Got my letter for the FDNY fire academy!

Just have to complete a 1.5 mile run test in under 13 minutes and I start Jan 14th!

Can't wait. Been waiting almost 4 years for "promotion."

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Just have to complete a 1.5 mile run test in under 13 minutes and I start Jan 14th!

13 minutes?! I'm surprised they let you walk it....

:D

Congrats, sir!

medic417

The Truth Provider
13 minutes?! I'm surprised they let you walk it....

:D

Congrats, sir!

Pretty much that is a walk. No wonder there are so many fat ff's if that is as fast as they require.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Can't wait. Been waiting almost 4 years for "promotion."

Traitor! Burn him!

Congratulations!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Pretty much that is a walk. No wonder there are so many fat ff's if that is as fast as they require.

Meanwhile the very vast majority of EMS agencies have no physical fitness testing program to speak of...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Meanwhile the very vast majority of EMS agencies have no physical fitness testing program to speak of...

No argument here. Next to cops and firefighters not hardly any profession more fat than EMS.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Traitor! Burn him!

Congratulations!

:rofl:

I'm at 10-10:30ish for a 1.5mile. Figure it leaves me 2 minutes to light up a smoke and wait for the rest of the group.

Running is the bane of my existence though.

Side note, if you don't come in under 12 minutes for the run you owe them an hour PT on your own time after class every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
No argument here. Next to cops and firefighters not hardly any profession more fat than EMS.

I don't see many chunky career FFs, but the vollys I see......

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I don't see many chunky career FFs, but the vollys I see......

You aren't kidding, save for a few real long time guys. The department that I just applied to mandates at least an hour if not more of PT every shift, and provides workout facilities in every station. Sounds alright to me.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I just had a patient with a hemoglobin of 1.3.

She was black, and was so pale I have actually seen corpses with more color.

Amazing.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
recent pregnancy?

54 yo female who thought this was a normal period. I have deep regret that I didn't check her. I was thinking of dr house the whole way to the hospital, all patients lie.

Her complaint was weak and dizzy. She mentioned off hand about the vaginal bleeding, but didn't mention the prolapse. I figured she was very anemic, but this was a winner.