the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
picture3.png

Oh, wait, Evo, not Devo.

Substitutions can be made.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Finally had my first interview today. It took two hours, interviewed with an HR rep, then the director of operations, then the director. Then I had a skills assessment which consisted of a map reading test, multiple choice test, essay on why I wanted to work for the company, ECG rhythm test, and a trauma assessment.

I feel like it all went well, and I should hear by Friday. Fingers crossed...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Don't get me started on the number of ambulances (albeit not Boston EMS) I saw running up the 93 with lights and sirens, but going the speed of traffic.
I turn the lights off on 93. I hate driving on it enough as it is and driving faster than traffic would mean driving at grossly unsafe speeds.

i'm 5'9'' and it takes me some finagling to get out of that position...I couldn't imagine another 5 inches on top of that.
At the 21 hour mark of a 23 hour shift spent entirely in the same ambulance, I could have slept inside the bench seat. It was death.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ugh, I can't believe I had to call in sick today. My first time calling in sick here, and it's at a time where we're low on staffing. :/

Achilles

Forum Moron
Ugh, I can't believe I had to call in sick today. My first time calling in sick here, and it's at a time where we're low on staffing. :/

Last night I was having nightmares of whether or not I wanted to be a lathe operator or a salad chef.
Man I was tossing and turning all night!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Last night I was having nightmares of whether or not I wanted to be a lathe operator or a salad chef.
Man I was tossing and turning all night!

I don't know what's worse the joke or the fact that it took me 15 seconds to get it :)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know what's worse the joke or the fact that it took me 15 seconds to get it :)

Having taken metal shop in HS I got it and laughed out loud.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I have discovered what may be seen by many, as the greatest creation of 2012...chocolate Snack Pack mixed with peanut butter. You're welcome Earth.

Disclaimer: I'm sure I'm not the only one to discover this.

lateralligator

Forum Crew Member
Well the Bad Kitty has quickly figured out that the spray bottle doesn't actually hurt, so just screws his little eyes shut to the water and continues his mischief--which today was an entire plate of pasta on the floor.

sperry

Forum Ride Along
I have discovered what may be seen by many, as the greatest creation of 2012...chocolate Snack Pack mixed with peanut butter. You're welcome Earth.

Disclaimer: I'm sure I'm not the only one to discover this.

I think that raising the bar a bit and upgrading to PB/Nutella sandwiches would also be among the nicer things here on Earth.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I think that raising the bar a bit and upgrading to PB/Nutella sandwiches would also be among the nicer things here on Earth.

Nutella is the bomb!!!

When we went to Italy there were these sidewalk crepe stands that made fresh Nutella crepes..Freaking awesome.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
A restaurant near work makes a Nutella calzone with chopped almonds inside, dusted with icing sugar and served with a sour cherry sauce.

AH - MAZE - ING.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Nutella is the bomb!!!

When we went to Italy there were these sidewalk crepe stands that made fresh Nutella crepes..Freaking awesome.

I have no Nutella right now :(