the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
"posting" at my coworkers house for his BBQ...sometimes I love my job :p

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Good night America and happy birthday. Thanks for putting up with me for another year.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I was told my an ER doc tonight that "I don't hate you, I just hate what you do." I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that.

bigbaldguy

Is anyone signed up for the july medic class with CCEMS near Houston. If so please shoot me an IM I need to ask a few questions.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Not only how to feel, but how do you even respond?

Ask him to clarify. It's probably a "Your stuck doing [insert inappropriate intervention] based off of [training/protocol/dogma], even though [insert inappropriate intervention] is inappropriate." Hate the game... not the playa.

bigbaldguy

Ok going to bed for reals now.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ask him to clarify. It's probably a "Your stuck doing [insert inappropriate intervention] based off of [training/protocol/dogma], even though [insert inappropriate intervention] is inappropriate." Hate the game... not the playa.

This.

It was after I brought in a c-spined patient. But it was still like...I don't know, I wasn't really sure what to think. Then again I've been a bit sensitive this week...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Cool, San Jose. I live in that general area.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief

I feel like I'm too young not to understand what you mean by "hate the game not the player".

In any case, the doctor may dislike EMS dogma, but its rude to single out one punter and say what he said.

I hate rudeness.

When I seize control of the world as the New World Order comes to power as part of the international atheist conspiracy, I'm going to start executing people for being rude and for picking on the powerless. And people who write run on sentences :lol:

JPINFV

Gadfly
I feel like I'm too young not to understand what you mean by "hate the game not the player".

"Hate the game, not the player" means that sometimes people are stuck doing things that aren't their fault. It's OK to dislike it, but don't take it out on the person stuck doing it. For example, I recently had to replace my iPhone because Apple is too evil or stupid to figure out a way to replace broken screens, so they replace the whole phone (thus turning a $50 repair into a $150 repair, plus getting them a phone to refurbish and resell). I can get mad at Apple for that (hate the game), but it wouldn't be right to get mad at the poor person working at the Apple Store who didn't create that stupid policy/design (don't hate the player).

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
"Hate the game, not the player" means that sometimes people are stuck doing things that aren't their fault. It's OK to dislike it, but don't take it out on the person stuck doing it. For example, I recently had to replace my iPhone because Apple is too evil or stupid to figure out a way to replace broken screens, so they replace the whole phone (thus turning a $50 repair into a $150 repair, plus getting them a phone to refurbish and resell). I can get mad at Apple for that (hate the game), but it wouldn't be right to get mad at the poor person working at the Apple Store who didn't create that stupid policy/design (don't hate the player).

Haha. Eloquent.

Testify. Apple can suck me.

bigbaldguy

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
About a month and a half ago, worked a fatality wreck. We ended up transporting one of the people in the car who was agonal, unconscious and HR of 120 during a 40 minute extrication. When we finally got them out, we transported to the local level 1, where their family member was also transported.

The level 2, 1.5 miles from the level 1 and technically 'on the way' has thrown a hissy fit that we didn't transport to them, to which our medical director now has to play politician. (Without getting in too much detail, the patient works in a certain high level capacity with a partner facility to the level 2 in question)

Not to mention the fact that the only way that the level 2 found out is someone violating HIPAA and releasing the patients identity...

And apparently, this whole thing is a bigger issue than the FD who refused to do anything simple for the patient for that 40 minute extrication, like, oh I don't know, bagging with a BVM or putting the c-collar on BEFORE getting the patient out. No, they were more interested in playing with their toys and yelling at the Paramedics whenever we tried to get near to do our job. It was like pulling teeth to get them to even use a damn KED.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Buy one at bestbuy and get the accidental damage plan :p Or take it to an iphone repair place on CL and they will replace the screen for much cheaper.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVEPvXBEOSE[/YOUTUBE]

Alright this made me laugh. Glad to live on the west coast...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVEPvXBEOSE[/YOUTUBE]

Alright this made me laugh. Glad to live on the west coast...

"If you ever do see a sleeping coyote, do not wake it. Bad idea."

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Got my awesome prize today, plus a bonus. Awesome patch BBG! Thanks!
a693599f-fe8b-2209.jpg

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Nice! They look great, BBG!