the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
It's like 60 degrees. Shiver shiver shiver. My pie is really good. Best breakfast ever.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

LOL! I'm eating pumpkin pie for breakfast as we speak.

medic417

The Truth Provider
He is actually kind of charming when he speaks too.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Well thank you little lady.

Anjel

Forum Angel

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Hmmmm, to clean the dirt bikes or do chart reviews today? Decisions, decisions...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
The only time I consciously think "I've been doing this too long" is when I run across a baby Basic who's never seen a LP10 or MAST.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
The only time I consciously think "I've been doing this too long" is when I run across a baby Basic who's never seen a LP10 or MAST.

What is this MAST you speak of? I believe it is part of a ship...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What is this MAST you speak of? I believe it is part of a ship...

:rofl:

I've never seen MAST pants or a LP10 in person usals :ph34r:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I have actually used an LP10 during ACLS, and I was taught MAST in basic :p

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

We had one of those old, shoebox-sized pulse ox monitors surface at the station a few weeks ago. Remember how cool those were? And how they cost $800 and they only put one on certain trucks? They took 10 AA batteries, too.

SMH. 17 years this week since I joined the rescue squad.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know what now that I think about it I have seen a set of MAST pants. My Intermediate instructor pulled them out, held them up for the class to see then put them away, thats about as far as my experience goes with them.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You know what now that I think about it I have seen a set of MAST pants. My Intermediate instructor pulled them out, held them up for the class to see then put them away, thats about as far as my experience goes with them.

Yup, we were taught them, the next year I think they changed up the NREMT skills sheets and I never saw them again...well until a couple weeks ago :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
We used MAST in basic.

Never saw a LP10

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Y'all whippersnappers suck, that's all I'm gonna say.

abckidsmom, I do remember those. Remember the pacing pads you could ONLY pace through? Or IV caths that actually had a needle exposed when you pulled it out? Homemade wooden backboards? Philly collars and sandbags? At least I'm not the only one that, to quote, is "much to young to feel thus d@mn old" lol.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Y'all whippersnappers suck, that's all I'm gonna say.

abckidsmom, I do remember those. Remember the pacing pads you could ONLY pace through? Or IV caths that actually had a needle exposed when you pulled it out? Homemade wooden backboards? Philly collars and sandbags? At least I'm not the only one that, to quote, is "much to young to feel thus d@mn old" lol.

Those are the best IV caths. Sadly I to am much to old.