the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Just in case anyone is wondering, I am temporarily inhabiting the area about Seattle for the next few days.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I like Seattle. I hope to go back soon.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Last time I was there was circa 2009 I believe when we got sent to Ft Lewis for a two week training thing for the unit we were going to be attached to when we deployed. There was a mixup amd we arrived 1week into their 2 week train up, so they basically said "We can either sit around and watch them run through their higher speed live fire training course, or take off, explore Seattle, and come back next week".

Which we did lol, first (and so far only) major leage Football game I've been to in person when we caught a Seahawks game lol, amongst other stuff.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow. We're celebrating the last shift of one of the Firefighters at a neighboring station because he got accepted into Medical School, more specifically for the US Coast Guard ar the Uniformed Services University in Bethesda MD.

Like he's getting a Commission as an O-1 and in exchange for a 7 year service contract with the USCG, essentially a full ride MD..

I told him once his service contract is up (with prior service, he would only need 3 more years for federal retirement) he just needs to apply to NASA to complete the Hat Trick

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Wow. We're celebrating the last shift of one of the Firefighters at a neighboring station because he got accepted into Medical School, more specifically for the US Coast Guard ar the Uniformed Services University in Bethesda MD.

Like he's getting a Commission as an O-1 and in exchange for a 7 year service contract with the USCG, essentially a full ride MD..

I told him once his service contract is up (with prior service, he would only need 3 more years for federal retirement) he just needs to apply to NASA to complete the Hat Trick

If I was younger, that's what I should have done. But instead, I was a complete immature idiot until I reached 35, only to find that there were age limits on a lot of things. lol.

But that's awesome! I didn't know the USCG had such a thing.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
my short follow up to the peculiar LEMSA situation. A meeting was had, things were explained, "that's how it's always been" was discussed and an agreement was made to not think that way because it hinders progress. Plus, a lot of things that were done were wrong, and evidence was shown to prove that. Lightbulbs illuminated above heads. Change is happening, everyone is on board, and much progress and good will occurred.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
my short follow up to the peculiar LEMSA situation. A meeting was had, things were explained, "that's how it's always been" was discussed and an agreement was made to not think that way because it hinders progress. Plus, a lot of things that were done were wrong, and evidence was shown to prove that. Lightbulbs illuminated above heads. Change is happening, everyone is on board, and much progress and good will occurred.
Hopefully it doesn't get Californified again

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
20230706_124832.jpg
Decided to grill a couple of pork loins in a rest area

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I did a bunch of burgers and hot dogs for 4th of July. That was fun.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Piece of advice...when passing semi trucks don't hang out along side the tires. When they blow you'll probably need a clean pair of underwear at a minimum.

Attachments

• 20230709_100233.jpg
    20230709_100233.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Piece of advice...when passing semi trucks don't hang out along side the tires. When they blow you'll probably need a clean pair of underwear at a minimum.

I was fallowing a semi-truck when two tires came off the trailer on the freeway. One crossed the median and almost hit a car and thankfully the other one went into the ditch. It's incredible how far they went with the truck doing 70 mph.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I was fallowing a semi-truck when two tires came off the trailer on the freeway. One crossed the median and almost hit a car and thankfully the other one went into the ditch. It's incredible how far they went with the truck doing 70 mph.
Yeah, there's a lot of energy in those tires...potential and kinetic.