the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Starting to get that "Sunday evening" feeling as vacation counts down towards flying back and going back to work in a few days..

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Starting to get that "Sunday evening" feeling as vacation counts down towards flying back and going back to work in a few days..
Enjoy….the engine needs washing, the hose needs rebedding, all gear inspected, station cleaned, bright work polished… Enjoy your LAST FEW days.

:p;)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh yeah, almost forgot, on top of apt woes, I need to pay my vehicle registration (but first need to pay for a safety check!)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
On the plus side, even though both expire ad the end of the month (tomorrow), I found a local shop who did the Safety Check with a walk in, and even tho it is now 4pm, our DMV has kiosks specifically for registration renewals. Went to the grocery store that had one, and (paying via credit card) walked out in about 5 minutes (including waiting in a short line) complete with printed out new registration and sticker to put on my license plate.

All told, it's been 2 hours and change since I walked out of my apt, and realized I needed to do all that today lol

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Oh yeah, almost forgot, on top of apt woes, I need to pay my vehicle registration (but first need to pay for a safety check!)
When it rains it pours

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Started a new (2nd) job this week! I accepted a part-time job as a CCT-RN. I'm not going to name the company that I'm working for until I feel comfortable there. The good news is they, so far, seem to be very understanding with them being a 2nd gig for their nurses. Hopefully this will end up being a (usually) very fun gig!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
MCI in a hotel room this morning (not that I was on the call). 5 middle aged people reportedly partying, they all OD'd. Initial reports of up to 3 patients in cardiac arrest, 1 pronounced DOA at scene, 1 transported post-code, the rest transported in serious/critical conditions to local hospitals...

Sounds like one heck of a scene for the first arriving unit to walk in on.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
MCI in a hotel room this morning (not that I was on the call). 5 middle aged people reportedly partying, they all OD'd. Initial reports of up to 3 patients in cardiac arrest, 1 pronounced DOA at scene, 1 transported post-code, the rest transported in serious/critical conditions to local hospitals...

Great party tho….

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

Fentanyl. Xylazine. What a mess.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Fentanyl. Xylazine. What a mess.
Had to look that up. An alpha -2 adrenergic receptor agonist. Analogue of clonidine and same class as dexmedetomidine. You have got to be really desperate to get really high to do what these folks did if they did it on purpose. That's like operating room level pharmacy...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

Bro I was downstairs from all that and wondering what was going on. Sounded like a great party though!

I fly home this afternoon. Dad is doing better, potassium has dropped back to normal levels but creatinine is still far too high. Urine production is increasing slowly, GFRs still suck, bun is coming down slowly. It’s definitely an AKI with ARF but we don’t know how severe the long term damage is. Still an inpatient at Queens. Hopefully we can get him discharged by Saturday.