the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I feel like there should be a page dedicated to tweets on drugs. Kinda like the "live from lunch time."

😅 my methylphenidate tweets would be me being hypersocial and full of ideas

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Spent way to much money on a peddle bike for my oldest (and also technically his younger brother too). Estimated shipping was mid October. It is arriving Sunday.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That moment when you clear a public assist (lift assist) call, and as we're pulling out of the cul-de-sac like 5 Police cars come up trying to pull in... (they said they caught a dropped 911 call)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Increasing night/supine dyspnea x3 days

😒
Covid.... Everything is covid
In the past, I'd be thinking it could be some kind of pulmonary edema or CHF... but these days, COVID until proven otherwise... and could also be those other things.

Or it could be just a stubbed toe or hangnail and wants a ride...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
In the past, I'd be thinking it could be some kind of pulmonary edema or CHF... but these days, COVID until proven otherwise... and could also be those other things.

Or it could be just a stubbed toe or hangnail and wants a ride...

Well it's getting better, and I really think 24 year old me is gonna get a PE or CHF

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Well it's getting better, and I really think 24 year old me is gonna get a PE or CHF

24 year olds can definitely have risk factors for PEs such as birth control, recent travel, or recent immobilization

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Kansas State beat my Sooners... what is life...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Last shift ended with getting yelled at by a charge nurse and paramedic tech for using the app we have for patching to the hospital "when I wasn't supposed to." There is literally no patient we cannot use the app for but ok then, sorry for the inconvenience. This following getting passed on for internal promotion but "you couldn't have done a better job in the process, it's just not your time."

Had a lovely four day in the mountains, shoulda just stayed up there. It's been a long time since I was actually unhappy about going to work but tomorrow is going to be a challenging morning.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We had a "Karen" patient. As in legit "The store made me put on a mask, but I couldn't breath, so I passed out 20 seconds after putting it on". Of course all 5 of us on the Engine and the 3 EMS guys from the Ambo we all had N95s on...

But I must have got a bit of exposure to "Karen-ness" because later, yesterday they were starting to reopen things around here and I really need a dang haircut, so I made an appointment online at one of the local chains for a haircut after getting off shift, only to show up to the actual shop for them to tell me "Oh yeah, we're ignoring the website, we're only taking appointments by phone..." That kinda legit pissed me off. A friggin haircut -_-