the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yep...where do you think I got the idea?:rofl:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well... looks like my stethoscope grew legs on Friday and walked away from me. I swear, I will replace it with the most hideous color possible. God help me, hot pink is currently high on the color list.

I actually kinda want a hot pink one just for, well no reason really, I just want it.

Also, who got an A on his thesis? Dis guy!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Rob, check under the radiator for the cord, between the tow hooks. If it's not there you might not have the the cold weather package, also if you wouldn't mind, check the drivers and passenger side of the transmission for me, and if you see a plate, then that's pretty cool, if not, NBD.

Every fill up, I strongly recommend a fuel additive for winter I use this:
http://www.powerservice.com/dfs/
For summer I use this,
http://mobile.powerstrokediesel.com/index/20407
First product.

When you put coolant in, use motorcraft gold, any other stuff and you can screw up your engine.
I plug my truck in from November - April.
The diesels hate the cold and love the heat.

Are you putting a chip in?

Also, your truck loves to tow, it's not for going to Wal-mart once a week and buying fruit loops. Work that truck! That's what it likes.

I looked under there today real briefly today. Didn't spend much time though seeing as I'm still running a >101 degree temperature.

What is this plate I'm looking for?

I have the window sticker from the truck and I'm not seeing black heater or a cold weather package listed but it has the heavy duty floor mats... I'll have to dig into it further when I'm feeling better.

Was going to install everything myself but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pay someone to instead. Especially the EGT probe, knowing me I'd mess it up and end up sucking it through my turbo.

I ordered the SCT SF3 chip. Gonna run the preloaded maps for a while until I can save for a custom tune. Don't know anyone in the area that does them so I'll probably have to go on a road trip to get to a reputable tuner.

Thanks for the tip on the fuel additive and the coolant! I've heard the motorcraft gold is the way to go.

Been trying to use it like it's supposed to be used, just haven't had any snow to toy the toys out to to ride in! :(

I actually kinda want a hot pink one just for, well no reason really, I just want it.

Also, who got an A on his thesis? Dis guy!!

Congrats on your thesis!

My partner just got picked up by the Sheriff's Office and will be leaving me in a couple weeks. I'm trying to find a good pair of pink handcuffs to get her as a congratulations/goodbye present since she had mentioned she was going to buy herself a pair when she finished the academy.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Well... looks like my stethoscope grew legs on Friday and walked away from me. I swear, I will replace it with the most hideous color possible. God help me, hot pink is currently high on the color list.

I like pink, but that might be expected? :)

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
I am coming to America in March / April for a months vacation.

My last 5 days will be in San Francisco.

Anyone here work or worked for any EMS agencies in San Fran / Bay Area?

I'm might been on organising a ride along if its allowed.

Oakland is ok too, as long as I get supplied with a ballistic vest :rofl:

I am also thinking of getting a tattoo saying "Not for spineboard and NRB" incase any of my partying goes wrong

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Today, I worked an OT shift with a Kool-Aid drinker.

Ewww.

Quote of the night: "No one should take nitro without a 12-lead."

Me- "Well, why? Justify."

"They might go into arrest from the nitro and die."

Indeed they might, partner. Indeed they might...

Last edited by a moderator:

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahaha thanks for this. I needed a good laugh after this last 24 hours!

Today, I worked an OT shift with a Kool-Aid drinker.

Ewww.

Indeed they might, partner. Indeed they might...

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief

Respectfully, wrong.

I remember talking to Clinical Standards Officer about this and it has been bought up by the Medical Director and it is this: right ventricular infarct is not an absolute contraindication for GTN, a fluid challenge is more appropriate as is a reduce dose of 0.4 mg GTN SL.

The best justification against this is "do angina patients do a 12 lead on themselves before taking their GTN, how do they know they are not going to have a anterioinferior infarct?" and he is absolutely right.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
replacement scope parts?

speaking of scopes....

Does anyone know of a place that sells just the "chest piece" of a 3M scope? I love my Littman Lightweight II-SE, but my fire truck didn't love it and crushed the "bell" of it. 3m told me they don't make replacement parts. Which is silly, because all it needs is a new chest piece and it is good to go.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Being sick is bad news. Not only do I feel like crap I've managed to spend way too much money on my truck as well. Sitting around reading all day I couldn't contain myself.

4 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, SCT programmer and an Edge CTS Insight monitoring system with the expandable EGT probe. She's gonna rip! Sound nasty too, if my neighbors hated me for idling my truck in the am before this isn't going to help that cause.

I've looked into those Edge Evolution before.. I liked the way you can expand on the sensors inputs. I also like the diagnostic capabilities it has, and the ability to check injector balances..

I *was* going to have one installed in my husband's truck, but I thought about it and realized he'd probably be unable to resist playing with it as he drove down the road.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Flag football tournament yesterday, today, and tomorrow. My feet are already ripped to shreds an we're only half way through :ph34r:

Achilles

Forum Moron
I looked under there today real briefly today. Didn't spend much time though seeing as I'm still running a >101 degree temperature.

What is this plate I'm looking for?

I have the window sticker from the truck and I'm not seeing black heater or a cold weather package listed but it has the heavy duty floor mats... I'll have to dig into it further when I'm feeling better.

Was going to install everything myself but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pay someone to instead. Especially the EGT probe, knowing me I'd mess it up and end up sucking it through my turbo.

I ordered the SCT SF3 chip. Gonna run the preloaded maps for a while until I can save for a custom tune. Don't know anyone in the area that does them so I'll probably have to go on a road trip to get to a reputable tuner.

Thanks for the tip on the fuel additive and the coolant! I've heard the motorcraft gold is the way to go.

Been trying to use it like it's supposed to be used, just haven't had any snow to toy the toys out to to ride in! :(

Congrats on your thesis!

My partner just got picked up by the Sheriff's Office and will be leaving me in a couple weeks. I'm trying to find a good pair of pink handcuffs to get her as a congratulations/goodbye present since she had mentioned she was going to buy herself a pair when she finished the academy.

The plate is for a PTO

JPINFV

Gadfly
The best justification against this is "do angina patients do a 12 lead on themselves before taking their GTN, how do they know they are not going to have a anterioinferior infarct?" and he is absolutely right.

...because the angina patient has been worked up by a cardiologist and disagnosed with angina. That's not true about the undifferiated chest pain patient who has called 911 or the patient with a history of angina who is calling after not receiving relief with 3 doses of nitro.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
...because the angina patient has been worked up by a cardiologist and disagnosed with angina. That's not true about the undifferiated chest pain patient who has called 911 or the patient with a history of angina who is calling after not receiving relief with 3 doses of nitro.

However, just because they have a hx of angina doesn't mean they are currently having angina when they pop the first 3 nitro... without the 12lead.

a reduce dose of 0.4 mg GTN SL.

Reduced? That's normal in these parts :p

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
..That's not true about the undifferiated chest pain patient who has called 911 or the patient with a history of angina who is calling after not receiving relief with 3 doses of nitro.

Three doses? Patients here are educated to take their GTN and it doesn't relieve the pain like it normally should after fifteen minutes to call an ambulance.

The rest homes generally give another spray after fifteen minutes and give it about five minutes to work then call.

Reduced? That's normal in these parts :p

Why so?

0.8 mg is standard here, even the patients use two sprays (0.8 mg) as a single dose when they use their own GTN

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Who knows why so. 0.4mg is the standard dose in the US.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Very bad. I've spent tons on my Trans Am. lol.
Exhaust was $900 by itself... LS6 intake was $600... List goes on. Lol
I want rid of it, though. Things a money pit. Blew a intake manifold gasket (i.e. the reason for the LS6 intake. Shop wanted the same price for the gasket as they did for the LS6 intake. Didn't have a LS1, though), the whole A/C system crapped out, the oil pan's weld on the nut inside the bung is broken, the transmission tailshaft mount is broke... List goes on for this one, too :rofl:
Dammit I jinxed myself!
Just driving along to a friends house today and hit a pothole and crack my rear bumper on it... Looking at like $100 on the part and 500 on paint.
:censored:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Why so?

0.8 mg is standard here, even the patients use two sprays (0.8 mg) as a single dose when they use their own GTN

Just is. I'm going to assume it's because most NTG pills and spray come in 0.4mg doses so it's just easier to say "Take one" than anything else?

Meh, I just give a single tablet and move on to the paste or IV drip anyhow.