Texas

AtalantaAsh

Forum Probie
I'm an EMT-B in the central Texas area and I'm wondering if anyone has input on companies in the region, 411 basically, hiring tips, etc... I'm not to worried about location because I'm up for a relocation if I must.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I'm an EMT-B in the central Texas area and I'm wondering if anyone has input on companies in the region, 411 basically, hiring tips, etc... I'm not to worried about location because I'm up for a relocation if I must.

You looking for IFT? Or 911?

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
IFT? Is that transfers? Cause that's what I'm doing, part time, right now. I don't mind transfers, but I'd love to do 911.

IFT= Inter facility transfers.

Where about in Central TX?
I'm just south of Ft. Worth myself.
A few counties have their own EMS services, and then there are larger services that cover many counties.

Ft. Worth/ Dallas area that I know of are..

Medstar
Careflite
AMR
East Tx Med Center
PHI <may be only flight.. not sure.
Hood County
Somervell County
Medic One
Care First
Medcare

Just a few off the top of my head. Most of these have websites. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

AtalantaAsh

Forum Probie
IFT= Inter facility transfers.

Where about in Central TX?
I'm just south of Ft. Worth myself.
A few counties have their own EMS services, and then there are larger services that cover many counties.

Ft. Worth/ Dallas area that I know of are..

Medstar
Careflite
AMR
East Tx Med Center
PHI <may be only flight.. not sure.
Hood County
Somervell County
Medic One
Care First
Medcare

Just a few off the top of my head. Most of these have websites. Good luck.

Thanks! Yeah I'm doing ITFs right now. I'm in Waco. We have East Texas Medical Center here and there are a lot of county ems companies in the surrounding areas. In the surrounding areas: Coryell County, Falls County, Limestone County, Killeen Fire Dept., Scott and White, Harker Heights Fire Dept., ... there are lots when you start talking about Austin and Dallas.... AMR, PHI...

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Thanks! Yeah I'm doing ITFs right now. I'm in Waco. We have East Texas Medical Center here and there are a lot of county ems companies in the surrounding areas. In the surrounding areas: Coryell County, Falls County, Limestone County, Killeen Fire Dept., Scott and White, Harker Heights Fire Dept., ... there are lots when you start talking about Austin and Dallas.... AMR, PHI...

Oh, you aren't too far from me then. I'm in Johnson County. There are several fire departments that have medic units as well. Everman EMS, Rendon Fire, Crowley. I am not sure who runs Ellis county (east of Johnson Co)

Also, Lake Whitney EMS is a little closer to you. Kinda small but goes along with Careflite.

OP
OP
A

AtalantaAsh

Forum Probie
Oh, you aren't too far from me then. I'm in Johnson County. There are several fire departments that have medic units as well. Everman EMS, Rendon Fire, Crowley. I am not sure who runs Ellis county (east of Johnson Co)

Also, Lake Whitney EMS is a little closer to you. Kinda small but goes along with Careflite.

I've heard so many bad things about Lake Whitney EMS, from fellow students, during class. Thanks!

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I've heard so many bad things about Lake Whitney EMS, from fellow students, during class. Thanks!

Every service has good and bad. LWEMS, isn't the best, by a long shot. They are alot better than they were a year ago.
But they are 911- and would help you get your foot in the door with CFG.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Getting started you often can not be choosy. But you also may find that those that were talking bad about a place were wrong.