Texas Childrens Hospital

Amber

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know if the ambulances I see there with TCH wrote all over them are actually their ambulances, or contract? Any info on if their Maternity hospital is going to have the same set up?

OP
OP
A

Amber

Forum Crew Member
Thanks so much! Do you think its going to be the same for the Maternity Hospital they are due to open in the Fall I believe? Or if there's going to be an ER there?

So what I gather from that link is that its RN's NP's and Docs. No EMS correct?

Journey

Forum Captain
So what I gather from that link is that its RN's NP's and Docs. No EMS correct?

The team is RNs, NPs and RRTs with an occassional doctor. They hire EMTs for driving and limited clinical duties.

The maternal transports would also have a specialized team. Hopefully most of the high risk mothers would already be inhouse for care and delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Memorial has a pediatric/neonate truck that AMR folks would go and pick up and use for patients. It was very cool. I never got to ride in it but they let me look through it when I did my ride time.

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
kangaroo crew is owned by TCH, memorial hermann in the med center also has a similar pediatric ambulance but that is owned by AMR

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
kangaroo crew is owned by TCH, memorial hermann in the med center also has a similar pediatric ambulance but that is owned by AMR

I didn't know it was owned by AMR I thought MH owned it and then whoever they hand contract with used it. Good to know.