Tennessee First Responders Law

emtchase1

Forum Ride Along
I was just wondering....in the state of Tennessee, are first responders allowed to respond with lights/siren? If so what are the restrictions?

Thanks,
Chase

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
aren't you like 15yo.
a quick google search says reds with siren

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I was just wondering....in the state of Tennessee, are first responders allowed to respond with lights/siren? If so what are the restrictions?

Thanks,
Chase

No. And no reputable agency would even let you respond on your own at 15.

OP
OP
E

emtchase1

Forum Ride Along
I was not asking for myself, I was asking because I saw a truck with a firefighter tag that was responding with lights and siren. I was just wondering because I did not think that was legal.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I was not asking for myself, I was asking because I saw a truck with a firefighter tag that was responding with lights and siren. I was just wondering because I did not think that was legal.

We're not qualified to answer legal questions here and are prevented from doing so by our Community Rules. Please ask a lawyer.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
not answering a legal question here but as stated before look it up on google try searching for laws regarding emergency vehicles in your state. And from what i know it usually depends on your rank in a fire dept/ ems organization. usually 1 lt and capt's can run reds with siren and chiefs but thats PA. so you will need to research it for yourself.

emscrazy1

Forum Lieutenant

It's not a legal question. Most trucks you see like that are volunteer personnel responding. They normally are captains or chiefs.