Tell Me And I Will Forget

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
Tell Me And I Will Forget

This is a documentary by Justin Salerian, who directed this prior to being admitted to St. George's School of Medicine. It's a commentary on the social and political ramifications of post-Apartheid South Africa from the perspective of its EMS workers.

I haven't watched it yet, but it sure seems interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
thegreypilgrim

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
OK, so I watched this last night and I thoroughly recommend it guys. This is really not to be missed. You can watch the whole thing for free at the link in the OP.

alias

Forum Ride Along
That was a very moving film. After a bad day, I think this film would make you think "maybe it wasn't so bad after all."

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown works with two South Africans, they look at this and go "yeah, thats just normal ay?"

Crazy .... now hold still Brown give you a jabba :D

OP
OP
thegreypilgrim

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
Brown works with two South Africans, they look at this and go "yeah, thats just normal ay?"

Crazy .... now hold still Brown give you a jabba :D
What's interesting to me are the parallels I see between SA and the US.

OP
OP
thegreypilgrim

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
In terms of culture generally or Ambulance specifically?

Brown can do a good Saffar accent, not too dissimilar from a Kiwi :D
I wish there were similarities between our ambulance services - those guys straight up handle things.

I was thinking more in terms of the socioeconomic characteristics. I see the US as heading toward a state of affairs similar to what exists there.

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
All I have to say is wow.... I've spent time in Haiti and because of that I feel I have a better understanding of the level of poverty seen in this video, but still, wow..... seeing it from an EMS standpoint somehow makes it completely different.

Joe

Forum Captain
What a cool documentary man! thanks for sharing.