Tactical Medic

OP
OP
JsonAre

JsonAre

Forum Probie
I am familar with your local. Beware of what you say because sometimes the BIG stuff happens in the small town atmosphere. Oh, yea. I am a former Army medic and am a tactical medic with the county MIRT and like others are saying, I do the tac. medic part time, not enough to pay bills. Get a good education. Work as an EMT or paramedic for a while then after mastering your craft, then look into becoming a tac. medic. Better yet. Do what you said and join the service. I am sure the government could use you as a medic, especially if you think you can hack it as a P.J.

Thanks for responding, I think I may join the Air Force or Army after I finish my EMT course. If the army medic is the way to go to acheive my goal. Which county is bristol?

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for responding, I think I may join the Air Force or Army after I finish my EMT course. If the army medic is the way to go to acheive my goal. Which county is bristol?

As long as you strive to educate yourself / I am sure anybody will support you on what you want to do. Bristol is in Bucks County (6 miles from Philly border and close to Torresdale Hospital.

F.M.

mpc83

Forum Probie
I've been wondering how easy it is to do? I know its a school etc but i've also noticed its a "man's" world sometimes in EMS... I'm a girl and would love to do it... but don't seen many/ if any tatical chicks in my area. any info on that?

OP
OP
JsonAre

JsonAre

Forum Probie
I've been wondering how easy it is to do? I know its a school etc but i've also noticed its a "man's" world sometimes in EMS... I'm a girl and would love to do it... but don't seen many/ if any tatical chicks in my area. any info on that?

A friend of mine (whose also a girl) is a combat medic, so I think you have a chance.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We have female combat medics, some of whom see combat.

The vast majority, male and female (especially female) never leave the base.

If you're one of the Chosen Few, one of the lucky ones (like me), you get to be an Infantry Medic. Best job in the world. Dudes only though, for true infantry, although some females do get to go out with engineers or MPs.

It all comes down to capability. If you're good, you might go out on a few. If you're great, you're Doc.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Tactical medic as career goal...

I second Luno. No. Even SWAT is not a good career goal.

That is, unless you want to be under-employed in a position you will get too old to perform relatively quickly, especially with the heightened chance of injury...during training, or scrambling around in gear, or slipping in pepper spray residue on the floor, etc etc. Then, yes.