T-Day (test day) is Friday...nervous!!

AZnewbieMedic

Forum Probie
Trying my hardest not to get overly nervous and anxious. My Test date for the NREMT-B is just a couple of days away...*sigh* the day after tomorrow....and I feel a little...well....freaked out.

I know what I need to know, I will be going over things between tonight and all day tomorrow but I am trying to prepare myself for passing AND failing if it comes to that. Reason I am bugging out is because years ago I failed and I allowed that disappointment to keep me from retesting....I only failed by one point but i was so upset I allowed myself to be scared off. I won't do that again but I also don't want to fail again either.

I will post an update once I know the outcome *biting nails*

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild_Weasel

Forum Crew Member
AZnewbieMedic,

I finished my EMT-B course here in Afghanistan a few months ago and will have one opportunity to test for NREMT-B when home on leave this coming April. To stay current I spend an hour or two every night reviewing NREMT-B Skill Sheets, EMT-B National Standard Curriculum, and re-reading a chapter or two from my text book. Since I’m at a remote site here I also have mini Blood Pressure Clinics to practice taking Baseline Vitals. I also practice skills like forming various splints with a SAM splint, bandaging, and applying a SWAT-T tourniquet (not tightly) on myself.

Cheers,
George

Joedaddy1120

Forum Crew Member
Good Luck!!!! And like PRP Firefighter said remember your ABC's. Take your time and read the question and make sure you understand what it's asking for. You got this.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Trying my hardest not to get overly nervous and anxious. My Test date for the NREMT-B is just a couple of days away...*sigh* the day after tomorrow....and I feel a little...well....freaked out.

I know what I need to know, I will be going over things between tonight and all day tomorrow but I am trying to prepare myself for passing AND failing if it comes to that. Reason I am bugging out is because years ago I failed and I allowed that disappointment to keep me from retesting....I only failed by one point but i was so upset I allowed myself to be scared off. I won't do that again but I also don't want to fail again either.

I will post an update once I know the outcome *biting nails*

Your profile says your a medic student. Did you take some sort of combined basic/medic? How can you be a medic student without your nremt-B?

Any who.... Just keep the ABCs in mind. And for some questions they all might seem correct. Pick the most correct answer or most wrong answer for question like those.

OP
OP
AZnewbieMedic

AZnewbieMedic

Forum Probie
Your profile says your a medic student. Did you take some sort of combined basic/medic? How can you be a medic student without your nremt-B?

Any who.... Just keep the ABCs in mind. And for some questions they all might seem correct. Pick the most correct answer or most wrong answer for question like those.

I am in a 18month program that goes from emt-b directly into Paramedic
. As long as I pass this registry I will start my medic classes in a few weeks.
Its a degree program so in the time I have to test I have to take general education
classes (as needed) for my degree. The only downside to the it is that aside from the required clinicals
And vehicular hours there's no field experience...I volunteer so this doesn't apply to me so much

Thank you everyone for your advice!!!