Super Size Me: The EMS Diet

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Fast food is disgusting! Id rather take my moms left over cooking to work than buy a McBurger. Besides its free and tastes 100x better!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Dec 5 2005, 04:09 PM
Fast food is disgusting! Id rather take my moms left over cooking to work than buy a McBurger. Besides its free and tastes 100x better!
Opinion.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
How else do you get to eat spaghetti with homemade sauce - and for free!

Also any leftover salisbury steaks, potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn, and homemade roll is sure to make it to my lunch box and eventually to my stomach!

Plus when comparing home cooked meals to fast food meals, homecooked is generally healthier as well since there are few fillers.

-CP

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Dec 5 2005, 04:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Dec 5 2005, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainPanic@Dec 5 2005, 04:09 PM
Opinion. [/b][/quote]
ROTFL. Women like their fast food.

ptemt

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by Wingnut@Dec 5 2005, 10:26 AM
"I know I've never been able to make ground beef look like that."

So true! Subway is my favorite.

enslavedvinny

Forum Ride Along
While these are all good suggestions try to stay away from anything fried or breaded, kind of redundant I know. But if you have just a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's, BK, or McD's instead of nuggets or fried chix sandwiches you'll cut the amount of fats by almost half! Also, when in Subway go for the whole grains as opposed to white or the asiago cheese bread. And if anyof you have a Chicken Kitchen aroun the food is great and so are the prices. Fast and friendly service (most of the time) and a good meal to boot! Happy eating!

traumaqueen5

Forum Probie
Its great around here during the summer/fall months we get fresh fruit since two of emts (married) own an orchard. so something new every week. on the other hand another emt owns a candy store..... yea not so healthy plus we share a parking lot with one of the better fast food places around town. not a resturant chain so its kinda nice, still not healthy. we all eat there a lot....

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I am already fat when I some sentences in this topic read...:p

When I started in 1995 in the Volunteer civil Protection work, I weighed 65 kilograms in 1998, I changed my job as a glazier and became a professional EMT. After I had started my first job in the emergency service in 2001, I weighed almost 90 kilograms in 2005, there were 110 Kg I think that many fast food was to blame. How are our ambulances sometimes rarely up to the guard came to eat there. To countless hours of overtime.

By a fireman with whom I started in 2005, much to play sports, I've now done and now weigh only 80 kg but there were relapses of frustration is when I had an accident at work. But now again I weigh much less.

I can only recommend everyone to respect the fact what you eat.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Forum Captain
if you want to know where fast food is all you gotta do is ask an ambulance.. we have mostly eaten el pollo loco. its cheapish and there pretty fast. also jbox has that outlaw chicken that is amazing. i hate that we eat nothing but fast food but we cant commit to eating inside at a sit down haha. we did have amazing jamacian jerk chicken at the station about an hr ago :)

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I know it. In Germany there is no better. If you have no time and just stress then you just eat this stuff very quickly.

I'm glad that helped me, my good friend by the fire brigade to a better way.^_^

The only thing that bothers me is that I must take these stupid medication so I have no pain and can work. This is more disturbing than the diet to aft.

Silence

Forum Ride Along
Oh man my vice is taco bell. So many taco bells around my AO. Gained 10 lbs from taco only diet, so now I try and either buy non processed foods or just starve. Its surprising how well bubble gum holds hunger over.

stemi

Forum Crew Member
Already trying to lose weight, and haven't even started working yet! Hopefully I can manage once I start working and having few food choices.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I bring my food. If I don't I'll hit up the cafeteria at the hospitals, we get the first x dollars free which is awesome. Can't beat a BLT and drink for 50 cents ;) Outside of that I try to limit a true "fast food" meal to once a week. I'm a big sandwich guy and we have quite a few delis along with the standard Subway/Port of Subs/Quiznos around.

I don't remember exactly what it's called but the Pastrami griller from Port of Subs is amazing with extra cheese and a little spicy mustard.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I went off-duty to a staff party and they served a rum cake.

Wound up putting on a uniform shirt and driving to a call, everyone else thought everyone else was designated and it was near end of shift.
It was the early Eighties, what can I say?

EMSrush

Forum Captain
I enjoyed reading about WaWa... I've never heard of it here, and I'm not sure I'd be able to say it with a straight face if I did have one in close proximity.

To avoid "fast food", I bring snacks from home, and when I do have to get something to eat while I'm out and about, I'll usually go for sushi.

For those who haven't tried sushi while at work yet: do attempt to get your partner's consent prior to purchasing, or you'll probably never hear the end of it. :)

Farmer2DO

Forum Captain
The salads at McDonalds actually aren't bad. Just choose the grilled chicken, not the crispy. I try to pack the lunch, but when I'm in a hurry and need to buy on the road, this is a decent option.