Strangest personal vehicles for EMS calls?

EMTrigger

Forum Probie
When someone responds to a call from their private vehicle, you first think, SUV or some type of truck. I have a 1970 Chevelle but im not running with lights. Seen any out of the box EMS vehicles?

emt9577

Forum Probie
1991 Ford Exploder is my POV, well lit up.

NREMT-B, OH,KY,WV EMT, General class amateur Operator, volunteer FF

firecoins

IFT Puppet
2004 Jaguar but I tend not to respond to alot of thing in my pov.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
A lighted Jag, now that would be a sight! Can't help you, a) I don't repond when I'm off duty, b) Not putting lights on the 'vette...........

Epi-do

I see dead people
We had a guy who responded on his bicycle wearing his bunker gear once.

laught16.gif

Please tell me someone was able to get pictures.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
We had a guy who responded on his bicycle wearing his bunker gear once.
Did he have one of those little bells and streamers coming out of the handles?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm betting the bike didn't have toe clips!

RedZone

Forum Lieutenant
There's a brand new Hummer H2 with a lightbar on it used by some Hatzolah member. I'll try to get a picture of it next time I see it.

If I had the money, I'd buy one of those old cadillac ambulances and try to get my boss to register it with the service (I only respond off-duty using a company owned / state certified response vehicle). I'd rather make a mock "Ghostbuster" car, but I doubt my boss would go for that one!

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
We have an Engineer in Sierra Madre who bicycles to and from work. One morning, there was an EMS call about a block off his route just as he was riding by, so he stopped. Only time I've ever done C-spine with the lead EMT in spandex shorts (thankfully!)

squid

Forum Lieutenant
"Did he have one of those little bells and streamers coming out of the handles?"

LOL! Oh, if you knew him, you would not think that was a joke! :)

sandboxmedic

Forum Crew Member
caddy ambulance

Here is a pic from the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad,...an old 1951 meteor......
apparatus_caddy_passenger_side.jpg