Stay offline

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I got fired for expressing a legitimate concern with some clinical ideas that offended a friend of the director of the organization I worked for at the time.

Emily Starton

Forum Lieutenant
Not sure which thread this should go in, but looking for guidance.

Had a discussion with “friends” on Facebook. A stranger decided to intervene and provoke, mind you this didn’t bother me and my emotions never got ahead of my words.

but as this discussion went on. It some how turned into calling me racists and insinuating that I think unarmed black men deserve to die. None of which was EVER stated by me. I, along with EVERYONE ELSE, agree that what happened to George Floyd was beyond terrible. Some people are just mad that I’m not a cop hater.

With all that being said, she’s decided to make my information public in a “expose all racistA thread” along with my parents address, where I don’t live and one of my state EMT licenses and advising people to report me.

I’m not so worried about it considering I didn’t say anything at all racist and I’ll gladly share the conversations since I took the screenshots just in case. But should I do anything to prepare for this, report it? Call Some and ask questions... I don’t even know what to do.

You should report it, Adrienne. It will be dangerous if you don't make a move soon.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
I would never recommend taking screenshots of what she posts, and emailing them to her executive director, asking if his company supports the murder of hard working law enforcement officers. That would be wrong, and there have been many people fired for posting inappropriate comments on social media.
I would never recommend taking screenshots of what she posts, and emailing them to her executive director, asking if his company supports the murder of hard working law enforcement officers. That would be wrong, and there have been many people fired for posting inappropriate comments on social media.
I disagree;

Some States require any "Threats of Harm/Violence" to be reported to Law Enforcement and the Security Department of her Employer. Be FACTUAL and brief in the reporting. Screenshots are considered "Direct Evidence" and are weighted heavily in a he said vs he said.

Numerous Post Incident Investigations have shown that some violent offenders demonstrated verbal and written clues before following through with the physical act.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I disagree;

Some States require any "Threats of Harm/Violence" to be reported to Law Enforcement and the Security Department of her Employer. Be FACTUAL and brief in the reporting. Screenshots are considered "Direct Evidence" and are weighted heavily in a he said vs he said.

Numerous Post Incident Investigations have shown that some violent offenders demonstrated verbal and written clues before following through with the physical act.
That’s not what Dr Parasite said. He counseled against accusing the company.

Reading is important.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Social media in general, and FB in particular, is an absolute dumpster fire in terms of being any kind of useful medium for meaningful communication.
Twitter is even worse, but the clearest example of a dumpster fire is Reddit. Especially the political subreddits... forget facts, it's just a bunch of whiney morons who like to spout off in an echo chamber about stuff they are factually incorrect about (and for the record, it's both sides of the aisle, not just one).
For several years I had a FB account under a name which was clearly not real. No one had a problem with it, until I strongly disagreed several times with a prominent FOAMED personality on an issue with which I have far more expertise, and coincidentally had my account disabled by FB for not using my actual name a day or two later. Clearly I was reported by this person as retribution for calling them out in front of their devotees.
Been there, done that... my account was flagged because I called people out on their BS, and someone got butthurt. At least its easy to create a new one.
Much more recently, after having an account in my real name for a handful of years, my account was inexplicably disabled by FB with no explanation whatsoever. I was no longer commenting on EMS or FOAMED related posts, and my suspicion is that a group of individuals with which I was debating political issues reported me to FB as being "abusive" (and likely "racist"), even though in any sane and objective analysis, those accusations could not be further from the truth.
Someone took pictures of my account with my real name, and sent screenshots to my supervisor, of me complaining about him not doing his job. When he went to his union rep to get me disciplined, his union rep advised him that if he did pursue this, he would have to explain to his boss why he wasn't doing his job.... suffice it to say, the complaint went away, and with my my name or identifying characteristics on my social media account,.