Starting Basic class in 3 wks; have a few questions

Indy

Forum Crew Member
Travis and Chevy.

Starting EMT B at Lincolnland in Springfield beginning in January. Still have many questions but I guess it's time to just jump in with both feet and just do it do it. Chevy, could you post a link for the flash cards and study material?

Here's a good site for you to use: http://www.emtb.com/9e/

It has flashcards, practice tests, vocabulary review, skill sheets, anatomy review, and other various things related to EMT Basic training.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Travis and Chevy.

Starting EMT B at Lincolnland in Springfield beginning in January. Still have many questions but I guess it's time to just jump in with both feet and just do it do it. Chevy, could you post a link for the flash cards and study material?

I'm going to lincoln land for my medic but won't start til next fall blah.. I worked up there for a lil bit but now do chemo at memorial.

nevets_eural

Forum Crew Member
i was under the impression that someone had to be nationally certified and then state certified regarding what state they worked in

Jimbo56

Forum Ride Along
How long was the waiting list for the medic? Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but my intention was going straight to medic once I completed the basic.

I'm not exactly your "average student". 54 years young and wasn't planning on waiting for experience between the two schools. Most FD or PO positions are for the young guns. I've spent my time in the trenches in another career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubz628

Forum Probie
Good luck to you! The class is fun. Dedicate yourself. Become religious with your skills so that you can be confident when National Registry comes around. :)

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
How long was the waiting list for the medic? Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but my intention was going straight to medic once I completed the basic.

I'm not exactly your "average student". 54 years young and wasn't planning on waiting for experience between the two schools. Most FD or PO positions are for the young guns. I've spent my time in the trenches in another career.

Each time I have talked to them they haven't said anything about there being a waiting list. I am sure once it gets closer to it actually starting it will start to fill up but as of right now since it is still almost a year til it starts I don't think many have signed up for it yet. As of right now all lincoln land offers is the certificate but they are in the process of getting a associates degree program setup and getting it accredited.

Bubz628

Forum Probie
That's how it is where I'm at. I'm in Louisiana, and to begin practicing over here you have to be state AND nationally certified.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
In IL you only have to be state certified.. Don't have to get national unless you want to.