Started my Ridealongs

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey all.. that banner came up and said I needed to say hello - so Hello!
I started my ridealong time - on top of school and clinicals.. if I thought I had time management problems before, now I really got to watch where I spend my time..
I love the paradigm where I work - you are a house medic or you are the 911 medic. You work on a team and when you are the house medic, you are the backup crew but you work in the ED, pretty well doing everything the RNs do - including charting, foley's etc. If the nurses have a tough stick on the floor, they call the paramedics in to do it. When you are the 911 medic, you respond to all those calls. We have the largest county in the state and sometimes our intercepts take 40 minutes. When we bring a patient into the ED, we generally take care of them there until they are admitted or discharged. If we need to transfer them, we go on the transfer. The continuity of care is amazing. We alternate being a house medic or a 911 medic.
I am learning tons and feel that I am fortunate in learning from some of the best paramedics out there.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I like that sort of exposure. It's invaluable to be able to experience the work from the "inside" -- especially because you're tightening up working relationships and truly building a team approach.

Welcome!

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Haha I got that too! But it said
Hey there babygirl2882! We haven't seen you around the forum lately. At least start a post in the lounge and less us know how you're doing!
LOL...not let bit less.. :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Haha I got that too! But it said LOL...not let bit less.. :)

Just because this forum was created by a teacher, you expect correct spelling? :p

J/K...I went ahead and fixed that, and thanks for the heads up.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Just because this forum was created by a teacher, you expect correct spelling? :p

J/K...I went ahead and fixed that, and thanks for the heads up.

I actually thought it was super funny! Lol my teachers spell things wrong all the time :) even my English teachers...they even say....FUNNER! :D

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
It sounds like you are getting the best of both worlds I think that is great! I hope you are also finding a little time to rest here and there! :)