Sort of EMS related……going to Ohio!

Wee-EMT

Forum Lieutenant
So this is what is going down. At the beginning of January, my fiancé and I are going to Columbus for his sisters wedding for 2 weeks. We also plan on driving up to Detroit and want to go to a red wings game.

My questions are:
What is there to do in Columbus??!?!
Are Red Wings tickets easy to get? Or am I going to have to sell my first born?

We are also staying with my future mother in-law for the whole 2 weeks which is going to drive me mad, so I was wondering what are the possibilities that I would be able to sign up for a ride along? I'm not sure about the whole process you have to go through for this or you even can, so if anyone can give me any info that would be great!!:rolleyes:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
So this is what is going down. At the beginning of January, my fiancé and I are going to Columbus for his sisters wedding for 2 weeks. We also plan on driving up to Detroit and want to go to a red wings game.

My questions are:
What is there to do in Columbus??!?!
Are Red Wings tickets easy to get? Or am I going to have to sell my first born?

We are also staying with my future mother in-law for the whole 2 weeks which is going to drive me mad, so I was wondering what are the possibilities that I would be able to sign up for a ride along? I'm not sure about the whole process you have to go through for this or you even can, so if anyone can give me any info that would be great!!:rolleyes:

Buy the tickets in advance, to ensure you have a seat. If you don't, you might find a scalper.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Forget Columbus... drive to Sandusky and enjoy the only fun thing to exist in Ohio--- Cedar Point.

timmy84

Forum Crew Member
Cincinnati has King's Island amusement park. Dayton has the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Columbus has a great science museum and aquarium. Sandusky of course does have Cedar Point. Cleavland has the Rock and Roll hall of fame! I personally like Dayton the best, only an hour's drive from Columbus.

Hockey

Quackers
Forget Columbus... drive to Sandusky and enjoy the only fun thing to exist in Ohio--- Cedar Point.

Yes because Cedar Point is a lot of fun in January ;)

Regarding Red Wing tickets, if I'm still around here i.e. not banned or dead etc, give me a holler.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations

Ah, but the lines will be so short!! Not a lot to do in Columbus, but Cleveland has some great museums, the Terminal Tower complex, and of course the R & R HoF. You *can* find things to do in Ohio in the winter; it's cold, but doable.

(Wee-EMT, Cedar Point is America's premier roller coaster amusement park, but it's also located on the shores of Lake Erie, so you might actually get a day during January when the wind chill, let alone the air temperature, gets into the teens. I will admit to some bias, having been born and raised near Cleveland...lol)

OP
OP
Wee-EMT

Wee-EMT

Forum Lieutenant

Regarding Red Wing tickets, if I'm still around here i.e. not banned or dead etc, give me a holler.

How much do the tickets go for? The only game we'll be able to catch is on New years eve against Colorado. I know up here, New years games are just as hard to get as playoff tickets.....The second they go on sale, I plan on getting a pair.

Ah, but the lines will be so short!! Not a lot to do in Columbus, but Cleveland has some great museums, the Terminal Tower complex, and of course the R & R HoF. You *can* find things to do in Ohio in the winter; it's cold, but doable.

(Wee-EMT, Cedar Point is America's premier roller coaster amusement park, but it's also located on the shores of Lake Erie, so you might actually get a day during January when the wind chill, let alone the air temperature, gets into the teens. I will admit to some bias, having been born and raised near Cleveland...lol)

What will the weather be like at the beginning of January? How much snow will there be?

Also, how long of a drive is it to Detroit??