Sorry kids, but this one wins...hands down...

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Honestly, if the most recent story is true, then he deserves it. Yet, is anyone else as weirded out as me that his sister did it?

Just a little. Am I the only weirdo now thinking that his "young woman" was his niece?

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Unfortunately this does happen in many different ways so you might start thinking about ways to calm a patient and pain control as well as preserving the damaged or amputated penis.

I have seen this happen a few times with shootings, construction and machinery mishaps as well as the crazed psychos or drug induced psychosis. I also work at a hospital that does microsurgery so it is not that uncommon to get patients flown in for the expertise of our physicians. Sometimes the reattachment is successful and sometimes not. The EMT and/or Paramedic play a big part in that success. If you are too shocked or giggling at the scene to get things done quickly, replantation success will decline. The poor guy will have a very rough journey ahead of him. Patients are usually referred for extensive counseling during the healing process. Those that are not psychotic and receive this injury in an industrial accident may commit suicide later.

http://www.microsurgeon.org/penis_replantation.htm

How much of a chance do these poor unfortunate souls have at regaining full, or near full use of it?

VentMedic

Forum Chief
It depends on the type of trauma, how good EMS and the first hospital are at packing and preserving, transport time to the microsurgery center, skill of the surgeon, how much nerve damage, amount of vessel grafting that must be done and pre-existing disease processes and/or medications that hinder healing. Just like any traumatic amputation, everything counts toward successful restoration of function. This type of amputation spends a long time in the hospital as opposed to other amputations involving fingers and hands. Complications with the urinary tract will also have to be considered and a cystostomy will have to be made.

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
Once again, nature in her infinite wisdom proves to us the theory of natural selection..... Does anyone want to call the Darwind awards and have this guy written up for an honorable mention? Anyone? Anyone?

volff21

Forum Probie
Sorry if I find it hard to believe that with a slip of a steak knife he cut off his "little buddy". It would take several cuts with a scapel to cut through a penis. How much ya wanna bet that something else happened and out of depression or anger he cut it if.

i agree with you and the zipper would be muchless painful and for less then $20 you have less pain and a new pair of pants

Robby1974

Forum Crew Member
i agree with you and the zipper would be muchless painful and for less then $20 you have less pain and a new pair of pants

I agree as well. Darwin award for sure on this one. Of course the darwin award is indicated for shacking up with a relative and getting caught....you might be a redneck if...

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTFrog2006

Forum Ride Along
Sorry if I find it hard to believe that with a slip of a steak knife he cut off his "little buddy". It would take several cuts with a scalpel to cut through a penis. How much ya wanna bet that something else happened and out of depression or anger he cut it if.

Seriously, WTH?:blink: LOL What was going through his mind to use a *STAKE KNIFE* to help get his penis out of his zipper? That sounds a little out there and phony.:glare: Oops lol.

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
"DUH!!!!!!!" comes to mind