SoCal emt/fire training-online course?

usma16

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone,
I'm knew on this site as a poster, I've been following some threads for a while.

I live in southern california, and have been doing a lot of research about EMT programs in the area. I'm a ski patroller, but would like to get the EMT-B license as OEC certs are not of much use other than on the mountian.

after a lot of research I came upon SoCal fire/emt training. They have an online/hybrid type course. seems legit, 120 hours classroom (pearson education online) 30 hours skills/ ride along. The course is very cheap at $500.

At first I was very sceptical. So to do background I called the San Bernadino county ems office and the NREMT and was able to confirm they indeed have a CE provider number and they are registered with NREMT.

Has anyone done this course? I saw a similar thread on here, but not many responses. According to NREMT they have a 85% pass rate for first try. With all of the shady programs out there I just want to ensure I'm 1) not getting myself into a money scam and 2) getting the EMT-B I train/pay for. I would do a normal semester long course, but I am only on leave for two months, and would like to have this for the ski patrol season.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

CFal

Forum Captain
Hello everyone,
I'm knew on this site as a poster, I've been following some threads for a while.

I live in southern california, and have been doing a lot of research about EMT programs in the area. I'm a ski patroller, but would like to get the EMT-B license as OEC certs are not of much use other than on the mountian.

after a lot of research I came upon SoCal fire/emt training. They have an online/hybrid type course. seems legit, 120 hours classroom (pearson education online) 30 hours skills/ ride along. The course is very cheap at $500.

At first I was very sceptical. So to do background I called the San Bernadino county ems office and the NREMT and was able to confirm they indeed have a CE provider number and they are registered with NREMT.

Has anyone done this course? I saw a similar thread on here, but not many responses. According to NREMT they have a 85% pass rate for first try. With all of the shady programs out there I just want to ensure I'm 1) not getting myself into a money scam and 2) getting the EMT-B I train/pay for. I would do a normal semester long course, but I am only on leave for two months, and would like to have this for the ski patrol season.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

I took a hybrid course, but the in person time was much more than this one, we had 60 hours for learning practical skills.

vintagexvi0let

Forum Ride Along
I ended up deciding to take the hybrid course through UCLA...it's like 80 miles from me but if it's only once a week to drive I don't mind. It's a little more costly than the other programs but I trust it's legit since I've done a ton of research the past few months and I did come across a list of approved EMT programs in California. I know that all EMT schools are required to be up to standard as far as their curriculum but it all depends on their quality of teaching too! What school was it that you found in San Bernardino county? Now I'm curious of switching schools. I live in Lake Elsinore so everywhere I go is far from me.

Happycoop

Forum Probie
Wow...for that price I could take the courses online, and fly out to CA for the clinical time and still come out cheaper than my local EMT course!