Should I85s be allowed to help with pain managment?

MikeCivitello

Forum Probie
Question regarding the O2/N2O mixer. Why not just have a N2O bottle and a mixer that can attach to the O2 bottles already carried like a vent that bleeds in O2? After all, you're always going to have the portable tank that's strapped to the gurney and the large O2 tank on the ambulance.

Love the video - one of my favorites!

JPINFV - That is the current design. The "mixer", small cylinder of N20, and demand valve system are packaged in a carry case. There is an oxygen supply hose with either quick connect or DISS fitting to connect the device to your 02 source - either a cylinder with a regulator or outlet in the ambulance.

Its not heavy - probably 10 lbs - but it is one more bag to be carried along with the rest of your gear.

Norbi

Forum Probie
I want to share what us intermediates are allowed to use for pain control in my humble country of Hungary.We can give up to 1000mg of metamizol IM,80 mg of drotaverine IM, we can administer 50%nitrous oxide/50%O2 with a demand mask( although almost only paramedic or doctor manned trucks have them so it doesn’t count for much ), your usual nitro, and 250mg aspirin.In the hospital we frequented, the docs and nurses had no problems with this unless of course the meds were uncalled for.What bothered them more were things like untidy IV’s and ugly dressings and stuff.( I have yet to work as an EMT but this is what i observed on our half year field practice or whatever).

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
What are the training standards for intermediates in Hungary? How much schooling does one have?

Norbi

Forum Probie
High school diploma , then 2 years including hospital and ride alongs. Paramedic comes with a degree after 4 years.Most of us get it financed by the gov't , but the pay, the pay is pathetic.(monthly pay for paramedic:around 120,000HUF depending on experience , price of 2kg bread: 250 Ft)

Dwindlin

Forum Captain
High school diploma , then 2 years including hospital and ride alongs. Paramedic comes with a degree after 4 years.Most of us get it financed by the gov't , but the pay, the pay is pathetic.(monthly pay for paramedic:around 120,000HUF depending on experience , price of 2kg bread: 250 Ft)

Christ. That is around $530 USD, or around $3.50 an hour pre-tax with a 36 hour week.

Norbi

Forum Probie
I guess that's whats up...you also have to consider that stuff is a little cheaper here so that compensates somewhat, but it's still laughable.That's what you get when your country's economy is dying a spectacular death in front of you.