Should EMS follow nurse's lead and go on strike?

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I think the CONCEPT of socialized medicine is pretty much ideal. All medicine is taxpayer funded, and insurance is just a an extra bonus. All emergency treatment is treated in order of priority. And your healthcare is covered by taxes, just like any other government service. But the actual implementation is much different than the concept.

My brother moved to England a few years ago. Since then, his wife has given birth to my niece, and it cost them next to nothing. I'm still paying off my son's latest visit to the ER. And even he says it's great that if he has to go to the ER (he has a hx of kidney stones), he doesn't have to pay a dime. But idk what he pays is taxes for healthcare coverage.

If you are actively sick and dying, you will get treated quickly. If you aren't, you have to wait. London's EMS abuse is as bad as any city in the US; hence the long wait times and lack of units. And for some reason, many foreign nationals comes to the US for procedures.... But I do have a friend who went to mexico for bariatric surgery, because it was so much cheaper than in the US.