Shoreline EMS - CA

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Almost 5 months. Not a huge amount of time, but if you switch companies you'll notice a huge difference in everything. You'll more or less be learning how to be an EMT again.

Overall how was it?

Renal rodeo

Dialysis derby

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Someone mentioned the term "Renal Round-Up" around here...I've been using that one. I'll definately add these to my list of phrases. A bit off topic, but these are good terms to describe the life-blood of most private SoCal IFT companies.

CrackerBDingus

Forum Crew Member
During my time there it was decent to bad. I started with the OC cars and got run quite a bit. Some dialysis but mostly hospital to hospital transfers. Eventually I ended up on LA day cars where we rarely got a call the entire 8 hour period of posting. Idk why they even were in LA with such low volume.

The emt's you work with are awesome people, I only disliked maybe 4 of them total. Management is horrible. Dispatch is untrained and pretty awful. We all complain, but these girls (only women dispatch, 1 guy) are terrible.

I don't know what condition the company is currently in however.

Deuce

Forum Ride Along
I worked for them for a while back jn 2011. Its mindless ift stuff. Mainly dialysis and ift. The dispatchers screw you around constantly. More than any other company I have heard of. And the owner, Gio, is a real jerk. He reminds you regularly that you are disposable. They hire way too many EMT's at once than fire them for stupid stuff as they see fit. I saw a girl almost.get fired for not wearing a belt. All of that for $8/hr. Pm me if you have any questions.

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
I had failed the written test today. Do you guys know if it's an automatic disqualification? I failed the test, but she had still asked me to turn in my H-6 to her (mine was out of date so I needed to submit another one) and call her to see if I was going to get hired.