Shoreline EMS - CA

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Anyone work for shoreline ems out in socal? I have an interview with them on Monday and was curious if anyone had any feedback? Are they a good company to work for? I hear they have a 911 contract, any input?

-Rad

EMT_HN

Forum Ride Along
Anyone work for shoreline ems out in socal? I have an interview with them on Monday and was curious if anyone had any feedback? Are they a good company to work for? I hear they have a 911 contract, any input?

-Rad

Let me know how it goes bro. I haven't heard any responses to my inquiries about Shoreline. The company was mentioned a couple of times on some threads here but nothing in depth. Good luck.

ETOH

Forum Ride Along
Oh Shoreline... Worked at Shoreline for 6months before I went to Paramedic school. A lot of great people! They have one 911 contract in Westminster(OCFA). You will probably be doing BLS/CCT IFT's for a while. You may get a chance to run some 911 but not a lot.

EMT_HN

Forum Ride Along
Oh Shoreline... Worked at Shoreline for 6months before I went to Paramedic school. A lot of great people! They have one 911 contract in Westminster(OCFA). You will probably be doing BLS/CCT IFT's for a while. You may get a chance to run some 911 but not a lot.

Thanks for the info ETOH. I submitted my application in with them today. Hopefully I get the call. What were the shift hours and schedule like when you worked there?

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Thanks ETOH, Im going in for an interview monday. I have like 3 family members that just got hired there, it'd be cool to join them.

ETOH

Forum Ride Along
Right away they gave me an option of a day car (8hrs) or 24 hour bls car. I took the 24 hour car. It was very easy to pick up 24 hour shifts or 8 hour shifts. I worked the BLS 24 for a month or two then did CCT 24 for 2 months the ended with the Back up Fire rig for my last 2 months. I'm not going to lie they run you pretty hard at night on the 24 hour transport rigs but that's pretty much the only way to get onto the fire car.

EMT_HN

Forum Ride Along
Right away they gave me an option of a day car (8hrs) or 24 hour bls car. I took the 24 hour car. It was very easy to pick up 24 hour shifts or 8 hour shifts. I worked the BLS 24 for a month or two then did CCT 24 for 2 months the ended with the Back up Fire rig for my last 2 months. I'm not going to lie they run you pretty hard at night on the 24 hour transport rigs but that's pretty much the only way to get onto the fire car.

How was their pay and their benefits?

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
That's exactly what I'm looking for, I thrive working those kinds of hours. *my previous work history shows that* haha. But that'd be awesome to get on with the fire car, either way. I'm just looking to 1. get my hours for medic school and 2. get in somewhere where I can work my a** off if the hours are available. From what I hear from everyone shoreline is a good company. Any tips for the interview process?

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
How was their pay and their benefits?

Their pay is posted on the website. Or it was the other day, 8/hr and 10/hr after training.

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Yea, its paid for the whole shift; the contract I signed also mentioned paid "8 hours of uninterupted sleep" not sure if that's actually how it works out, but that's what the sheet said. It's not time and a half after 8 hours tho, the company pays by a 40 work week. So anything after 40 hours is time and a half.

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Stephanie

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Any new information on them? Do they do a skills written etc?

Thanks.

CrackerBDingus

Forum Crew Member
Go for it as a stepping stone, but keep sharp on your skills and knowledgde. I made the mistake of falling into the rut there and lost almost everything I knew skillwise.

Further info: you start at $8.00/hr and after 6 months it is bumped up to 10.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Ift is the same at any company. Only difference is how the operation is ran,pay,equipment. That being said keep the job you accepted and by the time (assuming you get the job at CARE) you can just ask your ift company if it is OK to work at another company.

They'll either say yes or no. Ift is great to learn basic ambulance and pt care operations. Although you will do that at CARE also.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Go for it as a stepping stone, but keep sharp on your skills and knowledgde. I made the mistake of falling into the rut there and lost almost everything I knew skillwise.

Further info: you start at $8.00/hr and after 6 months it is bumped up to 10.

Ive been reading my EMT book a lot. Reading things on here and practicing my trauma and medicals at home. Along with some videos on youtube. Anything to keep all the information fresh and ready to go.

Thanks for the input. How long did you work there btw?

CrackerBDingus

Forum Crew Member
Almost 5 months. Not a huge amount of time, but if you switch companies you'll notice a huge difference in everything. You'll more or less be learning how to be an EMT again.