Sh*t Magnets

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Kat; it wasn't just you; it was both of us; whenever we worked together we got crapped on.

Patient going 150 miles home to die; and died on the road

6month old going back to ECF, with resp infection and coded 7 miles out, 5 miles from level III hospital, 40 miles from Peds hospital that we picked her up from. And get chewed out for not going back to peds hospital.

Code at ECF.

That was just in 2 weeks.

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
Kat; it wasn't just you; it was both of us; whenever we worked together we got crapped on.

Patient going 150 miles home to die; and died on the road

6month old going back to ECF, with resp infection and coded 7 miles out, 5 miles from level III hospital, 40 miles from Peds hospital that we picked her up from. And get chewed out for not going back to peds hospital.

Code at ECF.

That was just in 2 weeks.

Chew back! That's either a lazy or scared Doc.

Stabilze and then go back to Ped facility. We have a few ED Dr's like that around here.

My favorite question when walking into a ED, "Why did you bring them here?"..

Uhhh, the big sign out front that says HOSPTIAL... so I took a gamble.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually told an ED nurse once; that the big boom they hear after we leave is me blowing the "Emergency" sign off the front of the building.
We had a patient from across the parking lot at an ECF; that we had a 4 minute scene time; called the ED as soon as we got her on the cot, bagging her due to RR of 3. Was put on hold for the 2 minute walk to the truck and the 30 second transport. walked into ED with the patient; still on hold, got chewed out by the nurses at their station.
We were told to wait in hall, still bagging the patient: the Charge nurse took my call (bluetooth earbud): took the report from me, (while I was less than 10 feet from her): asked ETA, I told her Negative 5 minutes. She hung up with me, told the other nurses and the doctor what was coming in. She turned to me and started yelling again because we didn't call first; that we should be a better medic crew, like the one she just hung up with. Even the ED doctor was laughing at this point. My partner was laughing to hard to bag well. Pt survived, even though we left her there

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Medic Brew: we did chew back; when we called the Level III, and they called the pediatrician in for the code; he actually ran from his house, faster than driving and parking. Nothing to stabilize; pt was on a vent, and trach; this was her 3rd code since birth: at 6 months old. But we worked her, IO, meds etc, I pulled her off vent, and bagged her to make sure it wasn't a vent issue.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Missed this the first time around. Just gonna say, have you seen the Trainwreck series? Welcome to my career...