Sgarbossa's criteria

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Not a question about Sgarbossa's criteria, per se... but I want to know how to pronouce it. :)

Is it "Gar-boss-ah" with a silent S?

Is it "Sar-boss-ah" With a silent G?

Help a brutha out....

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I've always heard it pronounced the second way.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
That's the great thing about being a Texan. When I don't know how to say something I just say it in a heavy Texas drawl. They just look at me with pity pat me on the shoulder and say "that's ok you should be proud you even made this far big guy".

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
That's the great thing about being a Texan. When I don't know how to say something I just say it in a heavy Texas drawl. They just look at me with pity pat me on the shoulder and say "that's ok you should be proud you even made this far big guy".

I just slip in a lot of y'alls and let my vowels go flat. If I cut back on the syllable count, no one will even ask me what a Sgarbossa's criteria is.

(and all of a sudden the guys at google are wondering why the rush on this word all of a sudden.)

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Pronounce it as if you are Italian:

Dat Cigar-boss guy, ya know who I'm talkin' about? Well, you oughta, Dummy!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I pronounce it "Barbossa", just because I can. Then again, I tend to talk too fast for people to listen anyways, so I usually just assume they've lost interest by that point of the conversation. ;)

Sublime

LP, RN
I say it just like its spelled. Sgar - bose - ah

Almost sounds like you're saying Scar - bose - ah when you say it fast.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Pick one, and say it with confidence...hope no one thinks twice about your pronunciation. :D

This.

Say it like you know what you're talking about and every one else will just think they are the idiots and not the other way around.

:p