Sexy Ambulance Calendar Sets off Sirens

Status
Not open for further replies.

imurphy

Forum Captain
The photographer in me says......

Badly lit. The models are not "model" material. Their poses are fixed and rigid. There's no expression on their faces.

The shots themselves show little creativity.

The idea itself is sound, especially if it is going to help a charity.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What is the difference between an EMS calendar and those with the Uber-Hot FF's from NYFD??? If the pics are tasteful, the subjects in the photos are consenting adults and those that buy them are of legal age there shouldn't be an issue.

I am with a group that has done pictures that were made into keychains, mugs, mouse pads, etc and all the procedes go to the burn center at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse NY. Last year we met with the Director and presented them with a check.

Well.. the difference is that the men are uber hot. These women? Not so much.

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
I didnt even check out the calendar. I am currently looking for new models for our group. If you live in Upstate NY and are Fire or EMS and think you have the look contact me. Our group is always looking for more people, guys and girls.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Want to demonstrate professionalism ... this is the way NOT to do it. Sure, Firefighters do it and guess what ? They come across as the usual bronze NOT brains profile.

Sorry guys, I admit I like looking at the girls as much as the next guy but do we have to do it representing my profession? It cheapens the image.. period. Yep, the same discussion after Playboy has a "spread" on a group of women the remarks of .. "I can't believe they got them to do this".. etc...

Sorry, don't think this is the way to strengthen our image. For as raising money... there are thousands of other ways. Again use your brains maybe not your bodies.

R/r 911

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Want to demonstrate professionalism ... this is the way NOT to do it. Sure, Firefighters do it and guess what ? They come across as the usual bronze NOT brains profile.

Sorry guys, I admit I like looking at the girls as much as the next guy but do we have to do it representing my profession? It cheapens the image.. period. Yep, the same discussion after Playboy has a "spread" on a group of women the remarks of .. "I can't believe they got them to do this".. etc...

Sorry, don't think this is the way to strengthen our image. For as raising money... there are thousands of other ways. Again use your brains maybe not your bodies.

R/r 911

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Rid. But, playing Devil's Advocate, how long did you or anyone else here gaze upon the private areas of the models?

Also, how many of us have either had sex in the back of ambulance, knew someone who had sex in the back of the ambulance, or at least heard of someone who had sex in the back of the ambulance? Do I condone it? No. Would I buy it? Buying it condones it. So, no.

But you have to admit. Right or wrong, sex sells.

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
Please let me clarify that our photos are NOT nudes. We do show a little bit of skin but no bare nipples or "lillies". I highly doubt anyone would take any of us serious on a fire scene or E-call if they saw us nude.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Just remember when it involves sex, something is going to get screwed.

R/r 911

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
Maybe so but all I can think of is the kids and their families that had an awesome Christmas party because of what we do. I look forward to marching in parades, talking to kids about fire safety and meeting people at the different events that we have attended.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
The photographer in me says......

Badly lit. The models are not "model" material. Their poses are fixed and rigid. There's no expression on their faces.

The shots themselves show little creativity.

Seconded. They did a horrible job with color and white balance, too.

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
I finally looked at the pictures, not the greatest photography but those are "real" woman. Not some silicone, lipo'd, botoxed ding-bats with those ever so lovely bee-stung lips.
I would hate to hear what you all would say if you saw the pics of "The Girl's of Rescue 4"...

Sasha

Forum Chief
I finally looked at the pictures, not the greatest photography but those are "real" woman. Not some silicone, lipo'd, botoxed ding-bats with those ever so lovely bee-stung lips.
I would hate to hear what you all would say if you saw the pics of "The Girl's of Rescue 4"...

They dont photograph well. Not a crime, I dont photograph well either. But they shouldnt be flaunting something they dont have. They arent model material. Their pictures suck, their pictures are boring. And quite frankly, if I were in this company I would find it quite disgraceful. There are other ways to raise money then to take your clothes off if you put your mind to it and think a little.

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
Maybe so, but how many cookies are you going to buy? Or stuffed bears, wrapping paper, candy... I have gotten so that I can't stand the smell of chicken bbq's. I refuse to buy any baked goods at bake sales, just think about all the nasty homes you have been in and wonder just what kind of kitchen those brownies were made in.
It is a choice to particpate in and buy. No one has forced those girls to pose and no one has forced any one to buy.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Maybe so, but how many cookies are you going to buy? Or stuffed bears, wrapping paper, candy... I have gotten so that I can't stand the smell of chicken bbq's. I refuse to buy any baked goods at bake sales, just think about all the nasty homes you have been in and wonder just what kind of kitchen those brownies were made in.
It is a choice to particpate in and buy. No one has forced those girls to pose and no one has forced any one to buy.

They still disgraced their company.

You wanna know how my school and I would raise money? We stood outside of Walmart and asked people to donate to their future paramedics. We raised over $500 in one single day. There are other ways to raise money then selling useless junk and taking your clothes off, sometimes all you gotta do is ask.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
They dont photograph well. Not a crime, I dont photograph well either. But they shouldnt be flaunting something they dont have. They arent model material. Their pictures suck, their pictures are boring.

Based on the photos thread, you're the last person I expected to hear that from.

I don't really think they've disgraced themselves by being minimally clothed. Just by being minimally clothed and not taking any steps to look good.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Based on the photos thread, you're the last person I expected to hear that from.

I don't really think they've disgraced themselves by being minimally clothed. Just by being minimally clothed and not taking any steps to look good.

So what? Are you calling me ugly? Trampy?

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Yeah, we've strayed a bit off topic on this one. It's a little bit late night HBO, a little bit Jerry Springer. Time to put it to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.