Second time taking it, and i failed..

stickclicks

Forum Probie
Hey man,

Like what has been said. Study A&P alot. Understand what's going on with the body before studying how to fix it. You'll be ok. Just take it easy and don't over think the questions too much.

I feel like this is one of the differences between good and bad instructors. Good instructors not only teach you the step by step algorithms, but a fair amount of the WHY behind it and force you to use both to make your way through scenarios in class. I felt like once I began thinking about the cause and effect of the body's systems and how the interventions and injuries / diseases alter those cause and effect relationships, I was ready for the NREMT. I believe that the "Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured (AAOS Orange Books)" (10th Edition?) provided a good balance of the how and why.

Not passing can be discouraging, but keep fine tuning your study strategy. Focus on the areas you know you are weak first and don't forget to review the stuff you are already proficient at. Best of luck!

nguyenKLT

Forum Ride Along
Where'd you take your class? I took mine at HCC and I used the 10th edition orange book.

Advice do not use EMTZONE (the online quizzes). They are very vague and I found some of the questions to be poorly written and misleading.

I didn't use any extra prep and I passed the test first time stopped at 70. Don't worry about that (question numbers, time left) though, it just makes you panic while you're taking the test.

If you don't want to spend crazy money since the textbook was so expensive, I'd advise you to do the quizzes at the back of each chapter and understand why. You should look through the powerpoints from your instructor (I had good ones at HCC) and perhaps old quizzes and tests. I also had to fill out the entire workbook for the course. It's busy work but it helps for memorization.

Everyone's right you should know the basics front and back. ABCs for all ages.

Goodluck!

OP
OP
D

diegoislas

Forum Probie
Thanks to everyone who's posted, after this little bit of time that passed since I've taken the registry I'm going to keep studying and plan to take the test in October or November. I don't want to waste my last try. I'll most likely buy the Brady book or rent it and read it over and that test prep might be a good idea as well.