searching for research ideas

boommedical10

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,

I have received a scholarship to complete a year of research / study proposal in an area of interest, but am having some trouble finding something that I am 100% interested in to dedicate a year of research to. I am mainly interested in trauma, specifically TBI and hemorrhagic hypovolemia and would love to find a good research topic within these areas. However, I am open to any suggestions. The issue I've found is a lot of the mainstream ideas have been done time and time again, and I am really wanting to find something that is still debated and unique but also has enough research behind it. Like I mentioned, I would love something in relation to trauma related care, but very open to other suggestions. My other areas of interested are paediatrics & cardiovascular system.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
1. COVID-related disability.
2. Effectiveness of community paramedicine.
3. Outcome-based measures of prehospital care from an ED perspective.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Efficacy of risk reduction strategies versus intervention after trauma. (For example distribution of free bicycle helmets versus intervening after trauma).
Number of lives saved in the ED/EMS by tourniquet application versus those of the lay responder/LEO/Military.
Efficacy of immediate lay LEO transport versys delayed EMS transport in trauma.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Hi everyone,

I have received a scholarship to complete a year of research / study proposal in an area of interest, but am having some trouble finding something that I am 100% interested in to dedicate a year of research to. I am mainly interested in trauma, specifically TBI and hemorrhagic hypovolemia and would love to find a good research topic within these areas. However, I am open to any suggestions. The issue I've found is a lot of the mainstream ideas have been done time and time again, and I am really wanting to find something that is still debated and unique but also has enough research behind it. Like I mentioned, I would love something in relation to trauma related care, but very open to other suggestions. My other areas of interested are paediatrics & cardiovascular system.

You don't mention your level of academic preparation or the context in which you'll be doing research. There are galaxies worth of work on both of your stated areas of interest and if you'd narrow down just where you're coming from and where you're going you might get some more useful insight.