scrubs

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I know most of you probably dont wear scrubs. But I have to buy some for work, and I was wondering if anyone has any advice brands/prices, etc.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Scrubs are not cheap by any means! Try shopping for some at a second-hand shop and see if some friends might sell you some for a bit cheaper, and also go through rummage sales for some. You'll be amazed at how many retired nurses sell their scrubs to new incoming nurses.

anyway good luck with the scrubs.................

-Cap'nPanic

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I have found some online fairly cheap. Im not worried about the price. I was just wondering if anyone has found a great brand that is comfortable, and hold up as well.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
allnurses.com has some great threads on this topic. Allheart has a great selection of scrubs, and people tend to say they're the cheapest. I've ordered from there with great success. Hope that helps :)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Costco and Sams Club sometimes have scrubs, two tops with a pair of pants for like $20. I've seen them at Wal-Mart too, but the material is kind of stiff.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah crap... I forgot what the catalog title is.

My wife uses Henry Schein.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
I cheated when I got into nursing I had my mother make some scrub tops and bottoms that turned out like regular scrubs you buy. I have also boughten the WalMart scrubs they are fine to get but you have to watch the color cuz they are really thin. I've also accumilated the Cherokee brand which fit well and are comfortable I've been using them for clinicals. I also have a Peaches brand top and have need to fix a seam in those but other that it hasn't been to bad. I really haven't had any bad scrubs and as long I try them on they seem to be fine. I tend to buy them at a uniform shop.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
I was about to mention buying material and having someone make you some scrubs, besides you'll get to have your very own custom design scrubs, with a fit tailored to you. :D

-Cap'n