Schaeffer Ambulance la county

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone work there? How is it? Please send some details and hiring process for Emt.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Last I heard the hiring process was written, interview, and skills test with a bizarre physical agility where you carry a Stryker, with dummy, up and down a flight of stairs. Which division are you applying with? They split LA in two. LA division and SGV division.

OP
OP
G

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Probably la. Do you think they will retain 911 zones when the contracts renew from what I hear next year?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought all their 911 zones were run out of the Pomona division? I've heard rumors that they'll lose their EOA to either Care or AMR depending on who you talk to (usually its the Care people saying they'll take it over and the AMR people saying that they're the ones to retake it, funny how that works)

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I live in Pomona and work for AMR.. I'm under the impression that Cole-Schaeffer has a small hold on SGV and LA. They do 911 for Pomona.. So I assume they can't afford to last forever. Previous employees I have talked to can't say enough bad things about the company (not surprising). I have applied about 4 times to Schaeffer prior to working at AMR and had never got a response. AMR Rancho and Irwindale are always in Pomona so beware. And Schaeffer runs dual EMTs out of Pomona so FD is primary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cathartic

Forum Ride Along
I live in Pomona and work for AMR.. I'm under the impression that Cole-Schaeffer has a small hold on SGV and LA. They do 911 for Pomona.. So I assume they can't afford to last forever. Previous employees I have talked to can't say enough bad things about the company (not surprising). I have applied about 4 times to Schaeffer prior to working at AMR and had never got a response. AMR Rancho and Irwindale are always in Pomona so beware. And Schaeffer runs dual EMTs out of Pomona so FD is primary.
Sorry to go on a slight tangent to the original post but how was the process for you to get on with AMR? I'm based out of the SGV and would love to work out of a station up here, but there are virtually no openings on their site, and I applied online to the Irwindale station about a month or month and a half ago and haven't heard anything yet.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Sorry to go on a slight tangent to the original post but how was the process for you to get on with AMR? I'm based out of the SGV and would love to work out of a station up here, but there are virtually no openings on their site, and I applied online to the Irwindale station about a month or month and a half ago and haven't heard anything yet.

It takes awhile. From the time I applied to the time I started working was about 2 years.