Santa Rosa Junior College PM Program/Academy

boarder12

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone gone through this PM program that has any suggestions on getting in (requirements) and/or how the program is reputation wise? Haven't heard much but read that it's a good program. Looking to go to Medic school August 2012 pretty much where ever I can get in. Preferably a decent program and not a medic factory.
Thanks.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Has anyone gone through this PM program that has any suggestions on getting in (requirements) and/or how the program is reputation wise? Haven't heard much but read that it's a good program. Looking to go to Medic school August 2012 pretty much where ever I can get in. Certainly I will only choose an accredited program and defiantly not a medic factory.Thanks.

Fixed that for you. :)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I haven't heard much about Santa Rosa's program... but definitely check out whether or not they're accredited. I do recall that a Paramedic Program in the North SF Bay area had to (quite suddenly, might I add) close their program and left a lot of students with el-zippo to show for their efforts. This was about 10 years ago and isn't something I "just heard"... it actually happened and I'm glad I wasn't one of those students.

Just because the State EMS Authority has signed off/approved the program doesn't mean it's a quality program. Check with other accreditation bodies as well.