San Diego paramedic jobs?

jon51

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone, I don't post often but am curious if anyone has any information about AMR in San diego. They are hiring medics and I was curious if anyone knows the pay, scheduling, difficulty of getting hired or any other information. Also is Rural Metro in San Diego hiring? The HR there never answers a phone or email. any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello everyone, I don't post often but am curious if anyone has any information about AMR in San diego. They are hiring medics and I was curious if anyone knows the pay, scheduling, difficulty of getting hired or any other information. Also is Rural Metro in San Diego hiring? The HR there never answers a phone or email. any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

They pay $10.91 an hr for 24 hour shifts, horrible pay for the cost of living. DO NOT move to San Diego to work as a Medic, I moved away from there because of the System and the pay. THey work a Kelly Schedule, and when I left 2yrs ago there was a waiting list to go through the testing process.

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
$10.91???? Damn, that's $10.01 more than I'm making now, ;) LOL

Yeah, there are so many peeps here that they can pay next to nothing and SOME damn fool will take it.

Rural Metro and AMR both are hard to get into here. Rural, as I've been told usually doesn't hire Medics directly, they promote within, so if you already work as a B, and go to school and get your P, then you have a shot.

I agree with Fish, if you don't have to, don't move here then look for a job, if you're dead set on comin here... get the job first, (good luck) and then move.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
$10.91???? Damn, that's $10.01 more than I'm making now, ;) LOL

Yeah, there are so many peeps here that they can pay next to nothing and SOME damn fool will take it.

Rural Metro and AMR both are hard to get into here. Rural, as I've been told usually doesn't hire Medics directly, they promote within, so if you already work as a B, and go to school and get your P, then you have a shot.

I agree with Fish, if you don't have to, don't move here then look for a job, if you're dead set on comin here... get the job first, (good luck) and then move.

Move to Texas like I did, $7 an hr raise from San diego, actual benefits and retirement. And Standing orders instead of always haveing to make base contact.

OP
OP
J

jon51

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the information. I heard it was low but I did not know it was that low. Is it union over there @ AMR San Diego? Where in Texas did you move to fish?

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for the information. I heard it was low but I did not know it was that low. Is it union over there @ AMR San Diego? Where in Texas did you move to fish?

Yes it is Union(horrible as it is), they still email me daily I guess they think I still work there.

I now work for www.wilcoems.org