Rusch Viewmax

Devilz311

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone ever seen these blades before? It's a Rusch Viewmax Laryngoscope blade... Looks like a Mac 4 blade with a scope on it. The ad says it allows easy intubation of even a Mallampati IV airway...

tmp_image.php

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
Yip, have seen htem once before, from a flight ALS doinig duty in Zambia. He pretty much explained to me what you posted, as well as that it provides 20 degrees to the angles achieved with a standard lscope in order to align the axis. May be it allows for less manupulation of the c-spine with the end result being the same??I have never used one, but i think it can find a place in my kit somewhere.

reaper

Working Bum
IMHO They suck! Hard to see with. The lens fogs up, no matter how you wipe it with antifog. They sit in our kits and never get used.

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
Have seen the ads, but would like to get my hands on one to make my own decisions. It's a decent concept...

-Matt

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
There too high, and as described they "fog" up. Here is a device much similar made for EMS and has a heater to prevent the lens from fogging and are disposable.

I have used these on severely traumatized patient, anterior anatomical, all with great success. Our Trauma Centers and helo's now have them for complicated airways. They cost about a $100 a shot, which is cheap for those special times.

http://vam.anest.ufl.edu/airwaydevice/videolibrary/index.html

R/r 911

reaper

Working Bum
Rid,

We carry them on all our trucks now. They are great as a back up method. I have not used one in the field yet. But, they are nice with the practice I have had with them.

paramedix

Forum Lieutenant
Never seen it before. Out here most of our guys use the conventional ones.

Ops paramedic - Im sure we can make something for your kit...:p

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
we have them on our trucks. they arent in any bags we take with us. just have their own box in a compartment. i havent gotten to use them on a patient yet. i have used them on a maniquen though.