Rural Metro Milpitas

Vinceh

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know what type of EMT positions were being interviewed for in Milpitas for RM? Was it IFT, CCT, BLS, or 911? I was contacted earlier but not informed the type of job scope other than EMT-B they wanted me to interview for. Any help would be nice. Thanks for the assistance.

Vince

stemi

Forum Crew Member
Mostly BLS I am assuming, along with some ALS and CCT. No 911. Several regular posters here work there so they can probably provide some insight as to whether the majority of EMT-B's work on BLS vs ALS vs CCT.

Good place to work from what I hear.

OP
OP
Vinceh

Vinceh

Forum Crew Member
Thanks Stemi

I hope it's not solely bls or IFT. I'm currently in medic school and wild like more 911 experience than what I have, in addition to finding a few medics that may be able to mentor me along the way. I guess we will see next week.

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
I hope it's not solely bls or IFT. I'm currently in medic school and wild like more 911 experience than what I have, in addition to finding a few medics that may be able to mentor me along the way. I guess we will see next week.

Dont count yourself down and out. With Rural/Metro you will get more experience on an IFT than a BLS 911 rig. If you get a BLS 911 rig you will arrive on scene after or seconds before a paramedic/firefighter.

Rural/Metro offers BLS/BLS, BLS/ALS, BLS/CCT and BLS/RT.
If you're smart you will get on with a medic, CCN or RT and pick their brains.

stemi

Forum Crew Member
In Santa Clara County, Rural Metro EOA runs 911, and they don't have any 911 BLS ambulances as far as I know. If they are swamped and need extra units, they will most likely go to Rural/Metro of northern california (RM milpitas) ALS for backup. That being said, it rarely happens.

Also, in Santa Clara county, any BLS ambulance can be pulled into the 911 system as backup.