Rural/Metro Lake-Sumpter Interview-EMT

BOSlife

Forum Crew Member
Just landed an interview with Lake-Sumpter EMS (run by Rural-Metro)...applied for a postion as an EMT-Basic.

I was certified in October and this is my first interview. Advice?

There is a written exam and pending a passing score, a practical and verbal interview. What are the best ways to prepare? I feel confident in my ability on paper but I know I need to work on assessments/scenarios. Anyone thats done an interview with Rural/Metro and have experience with this please share!

OP
OP
B

BOSlife

Forum Crew Member
I believe this posting should be moved to another discussion. Perhaps, EMS Employment.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
It's now just Lake County EMS and has nothing to do with Rural Metro. Be prepared to write a run tag based on a scenario... spelling counts!!! good luck

OP
OP
B

BOSlife

Forum Crew Member
I'm interviewing with Rural Metro of central Florida for the job in Bushnell. I have read that recently the 911 services for Lake/Sumpter counties have been contracted to Rural Metro.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
Bushnell is NOT in Lake County... it is in Sumpter. Lake EMS is a county third service. I would bet your interview for RM is not going to be nearly as involved as the process for Lake. Good luck