Rural EMS: State of Emergency

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
They are everywhere. Just look.

Nice to see a site that doesn't attack them. The morons at EMTCity want to "eliminate" them. I think the problem is too many people with egotistical attitudes in EMS as a whole. I like to share what my father told me. The equalization is necessary because your job depends on it. If they have everyone getting paid, there will be less need for EMT's, in many areas. Less Jobs. The more paid services running calls, will mean less call volume for current services. Less call volume means less money. Less money means, Would you like fries with that?

He said that he made more 25 years ago, than he did when he retired, because there were so many people getting into EMS because many feel it is an easy way to make money. Sickening.

OP
OP
fm_emt

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
TTLWHKR said:
They are everywhere. Just look.

Nice to see a site that doesn't attack them. The morons at EMTCity want to "eliminate" them. I think the problem is too many people with egotistical attitudes in EMS as a whole. I like to share what my father told me. The equalization is necessary because your job depends on it. If they have everyone getting paid, there will be less need for EMT's, in many areas. Less Jobs. The more paid services running calls, will mean less call volume for current services. Less call volume means less money. Less money means, Would you like fries with that?

He said that he made more 25 years ago, than he did when he retired, because there were so many people getting into EMS because many feel it is an easy way to make money. Sickening.

No, I was serious.. there are *no* volunteer agencies (EMS) around here. heh. I'm in the SF Bay Area. It's all privately owned companies, ie AMR, or the fire departments. I'd have to travel waaaaaay up north to find a volunteer ambulance company in this state. That's why I was thinking of Nevada. It's actually a shorter drive. ;)
And yeah, I read that thread on 'the other site' - like a lot of the threads there, I didn't like the way things were going. That's why I hang out here more. ;)