RT/supplementing work/Cardiac

drew53812

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone, new member here. I have 10 years experience as a Respiratory Therapist in the Bay Area,CA. While I have no plans to leave my current job (good benefits/pay/enjoy the work/3-12 hour work days) working in the hospital has opened my eyes to other healthcare fields. At my hospital, I really enjoy working in the ER because of the people, the fast pace of work, and the unpredictability of the patients. I would like to know if going to medic school is worth it if I plan to work as a medic part time or per diem. I would also like to know when it comes to cardiac and ECG how much in depth knowledge you must learn. I know obvious rhythms like v-tach/v-fib/a-fib/flutter/asystole from ACLS. If I decide to pursue this, I would like to get a jump start on the cardiac lectures. Thanks!- Andrew

VentMonkey

Family Guy
If you have the time, money, and interest I say why not. Your RT background should serve you well during paramedic school.

You’d probably be a shoe-in for most flight programs, and could probably work a CCT ground unit now in your area that hires RT’s.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you have the time, money, and interest I say why not. Your RT background should serve you well during paramedic school.

You’d probably be a shoe-in for most flight programs, and could probably work a CCT ground unit now in your area that hires RT’s.
Seconded for all of this info.