Ride-alongs

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
So, since someone started a post about doing a NYC ride-along, I was wondering where your dream ride-along would be? Also, have you ridden at anyplace different from where you work or volunteer?

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
The obvious:
-King County Medic-1 - See how the famous system works

My not-so-obvious pick:
-AMR Vegas - Have thought about going out there on more than one occasion...not to mention the diversity of calls they get leads to a very educational experience.

My bizarre pick:
REMSA in Reno, NV :wacko: - Why? Because I visit there almost yearly and would like to see how a system where the private medics rule works...not to mention I'm kind of jealous of that system (then again I'm jealous of most systems). Plus I'm sure the diversity in call types would lead to an interesting...and busy...ride-along.

OP
OP
Wes

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
Good choices. I'm curious if the Seattle/King County model really is as incredible as everyone makes it out to be.

I've ridden with MedicWest and Clark County FD in Vegas. Incredible call volume and diversity of calls.

REMSA would be interesting to explore as well.

OP
OP
Wes

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
They have their own paramedic training program at the University of Washington's medical school that is the ONLY way to be certified as a paramedic in King County. And their cardiac arrest survival rates exceed 50%.