Richmond VA EMS

Chrissy88

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone had the opportunity to volunteer/work down in Richmond, VA?
I was planning to start volunteering either this month or next at West End Volunteer Rescue Squad, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it was/is like.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
I spend quite a bit of time in the West End area. I am not familiar with the volunteer service, but there is Richmond Ambulance which is "always hiring". I got some really good inside info from 'Guardian' a couple of months ago. Maybe hit him up with an IM... or I can relay to you the info he gave me.

OP
OP
C

Chrissy88

Forum Crew Member
Thanks and sorry about that...

An unfortunate and sudden change of plans, I'm not going to be living in Richmond. *Sighs*.

Jeffrey_169

Forum Lieutenant
I started in Bedford VA as an "explorer" several years ago, and then in high School I went to a a vocational school and worked with Virginia Beach Vol. Rescue Squad. You said you weren't going to be in the area, but I have volunteered around the country on several different departments and they are all pretty much the same. I have yet to have an unpleasant experience worth mentioning and I have found well worth my time. Wherever you decide to volunteer I wish you luck and I am sure you will get along fine.